The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Because Dundee love hyping their own players up. Like "promising youngster" Greg Stewart, who turns 26 in March...

Choking for you to quote a post where a Dundee fan calls him a promising youngster.

The keeper had a good half season - he may well be better than Bain - I don't particularly care tbh - but the way some of you lot are banging on its like David De Gea has just left...

Chris Harvey tweeting that we might get 2 of Adam Collin (GK, Rotherham), Andrew Shinnie, Don Cowie, Sam Gallgher (striker, Southampton), Cammy Bell, Liam Boyce, or Ross Draper.

Assuming one is s a keeper, I think you can take Boyce, Draper and Shinnie (unless he isn't getting a game) out of the reckoning.

:o

Close enough IMO

Swing and a miss. Would you care to explain which of us was suggesting 24 year olds were prospects at the time? :lol:

In that post I describe Wighton as a prospect - you go with 24 year old Paul Mcginn :lol:

Stan I've seen Danny Ward twice - I genuinely have no idea if he's better than Bain or not.

Some might say the fact he's at Liverpool while Bain is at Dundee is a good indicator - and it may well be. Then again Adam Bogdan is at Liverpool.

I think Bain is currently the best young goalkeeper in Scotland. I don't think he's the best goalkeeper in Scotland - probably behind 3 or 4 others in terms of current ability.

There are 1 set of fans being precious here - embarrassingly it's about another teams player who will only give Aberdeen a second thought if his career bombs spectacularly.

Ward may well to go on to have an outstanding career but he was never anything other than decent for Aberdeen. I think the hype is coming from the fact that there's not too many f**k ups that are memorable and Aberdeen have been used to an alumni of terrible keepers since Kjaer.

I'd say Bain is the more rounded keeper at the moment. I don't think that's pushing it or being bias, and I'd also say the likes of Mannus, Cerny and Alexander are better too at least (That's just from the top of my head) That's not a scientific fact - just based on what I've seen. Ward didn't look up to much against Dundee and looked horrendous in his first couple of games in Europe. He's talented, and can potentially go on the be the best keeper to have played in Scotland since Gordon - possibly even better - but is he the best thing since sliced bread just now? Is he f**k.

Ward may well to go on to have an outstanding career but he was never anything other than decent for Aberdeen. I think the hype is coming from the fact that there's not too many f**k ups that are memorable and Aberdeen have been used to an alumni of terrible keepers since Kjaer.

I'd say Bain is the more rounded keeper at the moment. I don't think that's pushing it or being bias, and I'd also say the likes of Mannus, Cerny and Alexander are better too at least (That's just from the top of my head) That's not a scientific fact - just based on what I've seen. Ward didn't look up to much against Dundee and looked horrendous in his first couple of games in Europe. He's talented, and can potentially go on the be the best keeper to have played in Scotland since Gordon - possibly even better - but is he the best thing since sliced bread just now? Is he f**k.

Looked horrendous in Europe? Eh? He kept us in the competition with saves he had no business in making against Shkendija (with lasers shined in his eyes) and Rijeka where he was incredible away. I don't think he really could of done anything in Kazakshtan and maybe he was slightly at fault for their goal at Pittodrie. I don't think Scott Brown is a terrible keeper he's the very definition of "decent" but Ward was exceptional. Maybe he looks better because everyone looks better than Clangers but he was better than Mannus, Cerny, Alexander and Bain. I like Bain, he was exceptional last year - especially in the cup game at yours. But maybe from what I've seen hasn't hit those heights from last year.

It's all opinion of course, but I'd rather have Ward than any SPFL keeper. It's a shame he's away to be wasted on Liverpool's bench. No chance Mignolet will be dropped after a big five year deal.

Assuming one is s a keeper, I think you can take Boyce, Draper and Shinnie (unless he isn't getting a game) out of the reckoning.

Draper will sign a pre contract to continue our impressive collection of Inverness players. Shinnie is a bit pointless because we have McLean and Pawlett there, doubt we can afford Boyce. No idea about Gallagher or Collin but I hope we're no signing a third choice Championship keeper. Would rather have langfield coming back than Cammy Bell :blink:

Good first save, but the most impressive part is how the number 10 managed to hit the keeper with both of the follow up shots.

Cameron Jerome scored against David de Gea last month. I'll be surprised if we concede another goal this season...