The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I get where your coming from there though I think McInnes is saying words to the effect that afc don't have anywhere near the same gulf over other teams in the league than Celtic have over afc. I don't think it's an unreasonable point but I don't really see the point in him discussing it. Most football fans know roughly what sort of financial weight their club punches at after all.

I have noticed draper as a player of potential interest before and he would certainly add some needed height to cm. How's his ball retention these days? That was always my issue with him.

I notice Jackson Irvine was meant to be benched again yesterday before Martin Wood got injured pre match. It does make me wonder if he might be coming the other way as part of the Quinn deal.

He's a horrible player if he isn't on your team. Constantly niggling at your players, a few nibbles here and there but he would be a fantastic signing for pretty much any team in this league. Superb at winning the ball back but his passing at times can be somewhat slack but he is up and down the pitch all day long and can, on occasions, display a reasonable turn of pace to get past players. I'm very annoyed we haven't offered a new deal yet. I think we tried recently but he said that he was "just concentrating on his football" which is an ominous sign. I wish we would be more proactive in offering new deals and not wait until January when players heads might start to be turned by other clubs sniffing around.

Of course AFC pay some players, McGinn/Rooney/Shinnie etc, more than other teams might afford but we also have other players like Robson that are on moderate wages that all the teams could afford

The same applies to some of the players at Celtic which Aberdeen could probably afford. Just like Celtic can gazump Aberdeen so to can the Dons blow clubs like Inverness out of the water when it comes to finances and wages but McInnes never seems to talk about that. There is no doubt that a gap exists between Celtic and Aberdeen and this gap is bigger than say Aberdeen and ICT but nonetheless a gap does exist. Shinnie allegedly (and I stress allegedly) more than trebled his wages by going to Aberdeen who blew our offer out the water and he won't even be the best paid player at Aberdeen.

He's a horrible player if he isn't on your team. Constantly niggling at your players, a few nibbles here and there but he would be a fantastic signing for pretty much any team in this league. Superb at winning the ball back but his passing at times can be somewhat slack but he is up and down the pitch all day long and can, on occasions, display a reasonable turn of pace to get past players. I'm very annoyed we haven't offered a new deal yet. I think we tried recently but he said that he was "just concentrating on his football" which is an ominous sign. I wish we would be more proactive in offering new deals and not wait until January when players heads might start to be turned by other clubs sniffing around.

The same applies to some of the players at Celtic which Aberdeen could probably afford. Just like Celtic can gazump Aberdeen so to can the Dons blow clubs like Inverness out of the water when it comes to finances and wages but McInnes never seems to talk about that. There is no doubt that a gap exists between Celtic and Aberdeen and this gap is bigger than say Aberdeen and ICT but nonetheless a gap does exist. Shinnie allegedly (and I stress allegedly) more than trebled his wages by going to Aberdeen who blew our offer out the water and he won't even be the best paid player at Aberdeen.

As far as I know, Aberdeen have a very strict wage structure in place which means that there are different tiers of players that will all be paid the same basic wage.

If Draper is a target is anyone concerned that he may just be a wee bit too slow?

Steady enough and reads the game well though.

Between now and the summer I expect a fair turnaround of players. We've let 3 go recently. One of our keepers is a short term loan and there doesn't seem to be moves afoot to get our loanee back from Falkirk.

I'd imagine Logan will move south, Robson will surely be gone? Quinn sticking around is looking doubtful too.

It's definitely Derek's biggest test in terms of recruitment. The squad was decent when he arrived and he had those five post split games to evaluate what he had. The squad was decent though, Reynolds, Anderson, Hayes, McGinn had all been brought in, and many of his good signings have been no-brainers (Shinnie, Flood, Rooney). I have faith that he'll do a good job though, because the likes of Logan, Ward and Taylor weren't obvious.

Completely aware that this will get called out as bullshit, and I also don't believe it, but a friend of a friend was basically doing an auditing internship and helped audit Aberdeen's finances. He found that Shinnie's 'best case' package was worth £4k a week (including win bonus and clean sheet bonuses etc)

Completely aware that this will get called out as bullshit, and I also don't believe it, but a friend of a friend was basically doing an auditing internship and helped audit Aberdeen's finances. He found that Shinnie's 'best case' package was worth £4k a week (including win bonus and clean sheet bonuses etc)

A friend of mine also did his internship with an accountant that handled Russel Anderson's and he was on a bit less than that in his final season.

Aaron Lennox signed on a deal till the end of the season. Never heard of him. Australia U-23 international.

Seems strange taking in another keeper. Maybe we've been told Collin won't be staying past the end of the season?

Aaron Lennox signed on a deal till the end of the season. Never heard of him. Australia U-23 international.

Seems strange taking in another keeper. Maybe we've been told Collin won't be staying past the end of the season?

Sure both our goalkeepers in U20 are injured so that is why we have signed him. Think Robbie Mutch is out for awhile.

It's definitely Derek's biggest test in terms of recruitment. The squad was decent when he arrived and he had those five post split games to evaluate what he had. The squad was decent though, Reynolds, Anderson, Hayes, McGinn had all been brought in, and many of his good signings have been no-brainers (Shinnie, Flood, Rooney). I have faith that he'll do a good job though, because the likes of Logan, Ward and Taylor weren't obvious.

Don't agree with that this is Derek biggest test, we made a lot of signing in his first full season including changing the centre of midfield which had Hughes and Rae in it replacing them with Robson and flood. It is a continued improvement at the moment just making squad stronger and hopefully a few youth come through. This season compared to last season we are 1 point better off but we do need a few signing to strengthen squad.

Edited by betting competition

Am Gonna say that I hope if bannigan leaves us. I really hope he signs for you's. A lot of our young talented players have went to 2nd and 3Rd division teams down south. And it really hasn't worked out well for them! At least at Aberdeen a product of our youth system will be able a guarenteed chance of national team football. This boy really a top player

Edited by Thistle4eva

Am Gonna say that I hope if bannigan leaves us. I really hope he signs for you's. A lot of our young talented players have went to 2nd and 3Rd division teams down south. And it really hasn't worked out well for them! At least at Aberdeen a product of our youth system will be able a guarenteed chance of national team football. This boy really a top player

Where's Taylor Sinclair these days?

I agree though. Not just Thistle but everyone, I remember a few people were saying Mckay going to Wigan was a better move then Shinnie coming here. Funny how things work out; Shinnie might be in a title challenge and McKay is staring down relegation with United.