The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf general thoughts seem to be you need to scout a player for 12-18 months to remove the majority of "risk" in their signing.

New manager + new HOR might make things go slow in the first window.

Aye, we have a HoR incoming in the next week or two so plenty time for him to make a couple of suggestions 

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Big Ash signing up with the mighty Walsall. Obviously didn't fancy the frozen north in Dingwall.

We seem to be making some good signings this year after last season's worst ever finish? Do you think Ash is another?

All the best for the coming season and please finish above sevco.

4 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

We seem to be making some good signings this year after last season's worst ever finish? Do you think Ash is another?

Taylor will be a very decent no nonsense defender in that league. Can contribute a few goals too. I'm actually surprised he's not managed to get League One

36 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

Superb in the air, not so much on the ground, although he's fairly quick for a big guy. If you have a more 'clever' centre back to pair him with he'll do well for you.

Had a good season for us last season, but realistically isn't the sort of quality we need to push on. That said I'd probably have kept him on. Will do well right up to top end of league 1 in England imo.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Any chance you can find out who used to do your recruitment?

😂 Big Steve Marsella I believe was Butcher's man for all the guys like Rooney and Hayes.  Shinnie came through us.  Hibs seem to want all our youngsters now, you lads need to up your game.  Bois like MacGregor and Harper will slip past you if you're not careful.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

😂 Big Steve Marsella I believe was Butcher's man for all the guys like Rooney and Hayes.  Shinnie came through us.  Hibs seem to want all our youngsters now, you lads need to up your game.  Bois like MacGregor and Harper will slip past you if you're not careful.

Seen bits and pieces of the boy McGregor. Looks very good. 

Hopefully a decent run out for both teams today.

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 hours ago, Super Saddler said:

Ash was much better in his second gig with us than the first. 

He remained a favourite target for the boo boys, but I was quite impressed with many of his performances. He's good in the air and  better with the ball at his feet than he's often given credit for. 

In a pretty awful season for the Dons, Ash certainly didn't let anyone down. He'll be a good, consistent player with you. 

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I believe we're playing you today, I expect a comfortable defeat.

1-1 apparently, information from a Caley Thistle fan who watched from a nearby field.

Emmanuel-Thomas scored.

Just now, tarapoa said:

1-1 apparently, information from a Caley Thistle fan who watched from a nearby field.

Emmanuel-Thomas scored.

Big Shane Sutherland for The Caley.