The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

McCrorie the only player to play both halves. I'd assume that with the rest of the line ups he was playing as CB in a 2 first half and a three in the second?Screenshot_20210708-170919.thumb.jpeg.06cd6b72bc7206397c4cd9e93465cb5e.jpeg
This was me assuming Hayes was playing as a LWB in the 2nd but if I remember correctly he playing further forward in the last few games of the season so maybe it was a plain back four in the second half as well.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Aye Glass said you had some boys missing.

There’s a few first teamers who haven’t featured in our 3 friendlies yet, notably Billy McKay, Scott Allardice, Danny Devine and Anthony MacDonald. 

Hopefully it’s just them not quite up to speed and it’s not injuries.

So that's two more friendlies on Saturday then the European ties? Presumably, two different teams lining up for the double friendly header.

Therefore basically one  more match to build up your match fitness and develop some kind of understanding with your teammates.

With most playing one half today that's a game and half. The European tie will be against a team over ten games into their new season on top of their pre season.

It's going to be a tough ask to get through the tie but the Hacken match might well set the tone for the rest season.

50 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

So that's two more friendlies on Saturday then the European ties? Presumably, two different teams lining up for the double friendly header.

Therefore basically one  more match to build up your match fitness and develop some kind of understanding with your teammates.

With most playing one half today that's a game and half. The European tie will be against a team over ten games into their new season on top of their pre season.

It's going to be a tough ask to get through the tie but the Hacken match might well set the tone for the rest season.

There were 2 matches going on at the same time. On one pitch we were playing Inverness and on the other pitch we were playing against our development side. 

We made 9 subs at half time (only McCrorie and Considine played whole 90 v Caley) with the 20 players who played 45 minutes v Caley also playing a half each v the Development side so all our 22 players got 90 minutes of football today.

I think being at home first in this round is better as we'll be fitter in the second leg.

A crowd in pittodrie should help us along too. Not too worried yet but we would like to see us sign a striker and centre back in the next two weeks and then a winger before the deadline.

7 minutes ago, d31 said:

I think being at home first in this round is better as we'll be fitter in the second leg.

A crowd in pittodrie should help us along too. Not too worried yet but we would like to see us sign a striker and centre back in the next two weeks and then a winger before the deadline.

It’s a wee bit concerning that Stephen Glass seems quite happy with the squad & the preparation for the Hacken game.

We seem undercooked by a few games & as you said, about 3 players short from having the squad we need.

Out wide we can’t be relying on McLennan & Kennedy. They’re just not good enough.

That probably means Hedges & Hayes wide?

Light in central defence too. Need a first pick alongside Gallagher 

With the squad as it stands, I’d say a starting line up of:

Lewis

Gurr Gallagher Considine MacKenzie           
                           Brown 

Hedges Ferguson Jenks Hayes            
                         Ramirez

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Why?

Just unsure that the new number 9 saviour from the US of A is going to be up to much.

Have seen this script before.

Obviously hope he’s incredible, but I’m slightly underwhelmed with the transfer window as it stands.

52 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It’s a wee bit concerning that Stephen Glass seems quite happy with the squad & the preparation for the Hacken game.

We seem undercooked by a few games & as you said, about 3 players short from having the squad we need.

Out wide we can’t be relying on McLennan & Kennedy. They’re just not good enough.

That probably means Hedges & Hayes wide?

Light in central defence too. Need a first pick alongside Gallagher 

With the squad as it stands, I’d say a starting line up of:

Lewis

Gurr Gallagher Considine MacKenzie           
                           Brown 

Hedges Ferguson Jenks Hayes            
                         Ramirez

Aye thats your team for the first game with only question mark being right back

25 minutes ago, big al said:

Just unsure that the new number 9 saviour from the US of A is going to be up to much.

Have seen this script before.

Obviously hope he’s incredible, but I’m slightly underwhelmed with the transfer window as it stands.

Generally, so am I underwhelmed.

If we got a good starting centre half & an exciting winger then I’d be a lot happier & far more optimistic.

The noises coming from both Cormack & Glass at the tale end of the season & in the close season suggested better than what has been delivered I’d say.

Glass always seems outwardly confident but I can’t shake the feeling that he’s not going to be up to it, & doesn’t have what it takes to be a Dons manager.

A bit naive generally I’d say. 

Very happy to be proven wrong. 

13 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

That's what I'm worried about...