The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Already proved he's not good enough for St Johnstone and us. Was ok but being more effective than Kamberi is hardly a high bar. He's already 23 so should be in his prime and shouldn't be thought of as a prospect. 

I'd rather we got in a creative attacker and let the youngsters step up if needed. 

We do need a striker we currently have JET, Ramirez, McGinn and Ruth.

If JET or Ramirez are out injured for a prolonged period we are looking very very short of options to change it up.

Third striker will be involved in the majority of matches this season

14 minutes ago, d31 said:

If JET or Ramirez are out injured for a prolonged period we are looking very very short of options to change it up.

If we're looking for someone to be involved in a majority of matches then we need someone better. I'm not convinced we are though, depends how many strikers we play with.

I don't think strikers should be a priority but not against us signing one in principle. I'd just like us to have some quality control. 

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Of the three amigos, he left the best impression - and at least scored some goals.

Actually thought his best game was the Celtic midweeker, where his hold up play was very good.

But still............a lot of folk likely to whinge if this is true.

Aye agree with that,   and with Jet confirming and guaranteeing us 20 goals then  Hendry will be  a nice llitte  side earner ,  we could say  Hendry will be our new Steve Cowan.

and he has league title  medal in his back pocket . its in the stars.  

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, d31 said:

That list truly gives me the fear. 

13 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

i still think marley Watkins would be a good shout,still without a club emoji848.png

I'd forgotten all about Watkins. If his wage demands were realistic he'd be a great no 10.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

If we're looking for someone to be involved in a majority of matches then we need someone better. I'm not convinced we are though, depends how many strikers we play with.

I don't think strikers should be a priority but not against us signing one in principle. I'd just like us to have some quality control. 

Of course ideally it would be someone much better. The club are maybe not thinking like this but I think JET will pick up a lot of minutes deeper than striker (he was so effective doing that for Livvie) hence regardless of injuries a third striker will get minutes.

Admittedly it's hard to persuade someone to sign up for being a sub but getting on 2 matches out of 3

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'll be disappointed if we sign Hendry.

I'll be even more disappointed if we spend a fee on him.

It would show two things;

1) a lack of ambition

2) a lack of scouting. He wasn’t even good when we had him on loan FFS. 

Why don’t we wait for the Head of Recruitment to come in and he might have a couple of ideas.

Would underline a bit of an underwhelming transfer window overall.

Still light at centre half, left back & winger 

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

2) a lack of scouting.

Tbf general thoughts seem to be you need to scout a player for 12-18 months to remove the majority of "risk" in their signing.

New manager + new HOR might make things go slow in the first window.