The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Delighted to see Declan's settling in well. Winning friends and influencing people amongst your fanbase.

542905916_ScreenShot2021-07-06at17_25_18.thumb.png.2d8cdbe0d4d1d0c226e78b36875fdebd.png

I don't know why, but I actually laughed out loud at all of that....

There should be some of sort of "do's and don't's" awareness training for players/ coaches who come to AFC.

I saw this earlier from McCoist describing McInnes' 50th birthday party bash at the weekend.

image.thumb.png.eef7ca2665f814be2170ed10332be997.png

My first thought other than "gads min" was fair enough - these are his mates, former colleagues etc.

McInnes never inflicted this stuff on us when he was our manager - and kind of 'got' the mood of the support/city.

Contrast that with Calderwood/McGhee at times - and quite a lot of the social media stuff our recent/current players have indulged in.  e.g. publicly 'liking' Scott Wright celebrating his bit part of the Govan club's first title.............no huge deal, but just have a wee think........

Edited by tarapoa

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

There should be some of sort of "do's and don't's" awareness training for players/ coaches who come to AFC.

I saw this earlier from McCoist describing McInnes' 50th birthday party bash at the weekend.

image.thumb.png.eef7ca2665f814be2170ed10332be997.png

My first thought other than "gads min" was fair enough - these are his mates, former colleagues etc.

McInnes never inflicted this stuff on us when he was our manager - and kind of 'got' the mood of the support/city.

Contrast that with Calderwood/McGhee at times - and quite a lot of the social media stuff our recent/current lot have indulged in.  e.g. publicly 'liking' Scott Wright celebrating his bit part on the Govan club's first title.............no huge deal, but just have a wee think........

It’s not exactly rocket science either. 

Ross mcrorie managed it in his first press conference. Getting asked about rangers and Gerrard and just killed it “I’m an Aberdeen player and I’m here to talk about Aberdeen. You can ask Steven Gerrard about rangers”

Done. Finished. We move on. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Contrast that with Calderwood/McGhee at times - and quite a lot of the social media stuff our recent/current players have indulged in.  e.g. publicly 'liking' Scott Wright celebrating his bit part of the Govan club's first title.............no huge deal, but just have a wee think........

My personal favourite...

If You Know Their History: Celtic supporting SPL players anti-protestants  outburst

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

It's a live stream of big Dec playing his Playstation.

Watch him playing Warzone with the main man Ryan Jack for 3 hours (or don't) - https://www.twitch.tv/decsalloveru/videos

My initial thought was it was some kind of cock related activity, but this sounds even worse. 

i suppose it is still cock related. Ryan Jack, ken. 

Edited by naegoodinthedark

37 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The online chatter is that Callum Hendry is set to return but I don't see any mention of it on P&B

Of the three amigos, he left the best impression - and at least scored some goals.

Actually thought his best game was the Celtic midweeker, where his hold up play was very good.

But still............a lot of folk likely to whinge if this is true.

Edited by tarapoa

10 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Of the three amigos, he left the best impression - and at least scored some goals.

Actually thought his best game was the Celtic midweeker, where his hold up play was very good.

But still............a lot of folk likely to whinge if this is true.

Decent squad player, but can’t see Glass wanting him.

Who do we imagine we are targeting for a 3rd choice striker if not Hendry?

Seemed better than any of the youngsters currently at the club, still in his early 20's, scored a couple of goals when nobody else would last year. Seems like a fine addition to me.

Already proved he's not good enough for St Johnstone and us. Was ok but being more effective than Kamberi is hardly a high bar. He's already 23 so should be in his prime and shouldn't be thought of as a prospect. 

I'd rather we got in a creative attacker and let the youngsters step up if needed.