The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I never saw that coming, either the free-flowing, relaxed, attacking performance from a team still very much in their pre-season, or the ease in which the mid-season Swedes were turned over.

If this was a peek at the season ahead then I'm looking forward to it.

A couple of slight concerns, but overall it was a great watch and, combined with the result in Vienna, gives us real hope of progress to the play-off round.

JET looks class and Scott Brown gives as a touch of guile in the centre of the park. I can feel his nastiness rubbing off on some of the other players which is brilliant, because we were far too nice last season.

Hail the new Don!

I agreed with Tosher picking Ferguson for MoM, but in truth, there's a few who could have taken that award.

I thought McCrorie was absolutely outstanding. JET was a real handful; lovely to see a big striker that doesn't get smaller when he jumps, and is good on the ball. Ramirez was very promising, great close control, positioning, and movement. Brown was everywhere, as has been mentioned.

Also thought McLennan looked sharp when he came on; superb finish. Ojo as well, did a power of work, and tried hard to get forward where he's not 100% comfortable.

As you mention a couple of negatives; the slow start (which is absolutely understandable), and a poor goal conceeded.

Overall though, we're going to win the league.

46 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I was wondering the same. I couldn't stand the sycophancy. The new chap doesn't strike me as a Dons fan, more a "I fancy myself as a TV commentator" kind of chap. Personally I prefered it.

Aye, he’s not a Dons fan.

Him & Tosh we’re debating how Hibs could draw a pub team yet we got a decent Swedish team.

They speculated that because Hibs were 3rd & we were 4th, that Hibs were maybe seeded & we weren’t.

A Dons fan would’ve known we were seeded & that we just got what we thought was a shite draw. 
Overall the commentator was decent I thought. 
Tosh tried too hard to be a comedian IMO. I prefer co-comms (ex players usually) to give some insight. 

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We would have won 10-1 if those friendlies against Cove and Reading had gone ahead as planned. 

Not so sure. Those extra minutes against the Cove strikers...I doubt we'd have conceeded.

That was a complete contrast to what we had become accustomed to under the finally few years with McInnes. 

Easily the most enjoyable game to watch in many years. I've never seen an Aberdeen team with that much energy or attacking intent. 

Scott Brown really stamped his authority on the game. JET was arguably the best player on the park. Ramirez was superb. Everybody played exceptionally well. 

I was really impressed with Considine and McCrorie at the back. They played the ball out the back really well. Ramsay, Ferguson and Ojo also deserve a mention.

Ferguson will be in demand after that performance.

Lots to like from today. I hope this is a display of what we can expect for this coming season.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I freely hold both hands up and admit that I was a negative, moaning, whining bast*rd who feared the worst last night. 

I believed that we'd spent the summer cobbling together spare parts so that we could maybe get a shambolic Ford Capri running in 2nd gear. Little did I know that Glass would whip the covers off and unveil a brand new Porsche. 

10/10 all round, with extra special mentions for Calvin Ramsay...what a fabulous prospect this guy looks..., Funboy Ojo, who put in his best performance yet for the Dons (aaaah, my friend. That's where you've been hiding !!), JET....the first player in ages we've had who looks like a brick shithoose but doesn't play like one, Christian Ramirez.....it's hard coming a new continent, especially in these times. But the guy looked like a kid at Christmas getting his goal, and the crowd loved him.... and especially to Scott Brown....the difference between 5-1 and a nervous 3-1, and someone who looks who he was born to play in a red shirt after wasting all these years in green and white. 

As Glass himself said though, we'll have much tougher challenges ahead against teams that won't stand and watch us weave our Brazil 1970 magic. The Arabs for a start. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how this team reacts when they're up against it. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Liked the look of Ramsey. WIll be interesting to see how his season pans out under Glass.  You would imagine he would have been shunted out to some Championship dross on loan by Delboy.

He's played 3 games and looked fantastic.

I fully expect to see him starting the next Scotland game against Denmark. 

What's that ? He doesn't play for Rangers ? Ah, Ok then...

10 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Ojo as well, did a power of work, and tried hard to get forward where he's not 100% comfortable.

I had to ask my mate who No.16 was, I didn't recognise Funso Ojo from the player we saw at Pittodrie at the beginning of 2019/20.

The role Glass had him in last night adds so much more to his all round play. He seems more involved and this possibly helps with his concentration levels.

I agree that he doesn't look fully comfortable going forward but last night showed that it's well within his capabilities to improve that aspect of his play.

An Ojo renaissance would be very helpful to us, and Brown sitting could allow him the opportunity to shine and prove to the Dons fans he's a class act.

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I have to give credit to Considine. Managed to play first touch football or take one touch at most before passing.

After years of watching him take three or four touches it's a bit frustrating. Clearly coached in to the team by Derek.

34F1E95A-5173-4A2F-B71C-43F9211243E1.png

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Think all Aberdeen fans need to forgot about McInnes now that is done now weather you supported him or not. Its time for the fans unite and yesterday result will obviously help that. 

This. My pie in the sky dream is that we just recognise that he was a good manager for us who’s time came, past and is now over and we move on.