The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d argue the Raith cup game is bigger than one league game against Hearts 

I suppose you're right, as a win will see us in a cup quarter final. 

I just have a feeling though that - given we're playing a 1st division club - Glass might decide to rotate the squad again. I just wish that we had a few strikers to rotate. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I suppose you're right, as a win will see us in a cup quarter final. 

I just have a feeling though that - given we're playing a 1st division club - Glass might decide to rotate the squad again. I just wish that we had a few strikers to rotate. 

Maybe a chance to see what Ruth can do.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Will give the others, including McGinn, the benefit of the doubt in not being match sharp - some of them improved for a while in the second half.  We are just going through that strange period where we have a mix of overplayed and underplayed players, and the rumours of some going out and others coming in - with this ~£5M pot of gold being dangled in front of us, meaning Europe probably has to be #1 priority right now.

It's got to be. Assuming you get through Thursday, I think you've got to put everything into the playoff ties, even if that means essentially fielding "B" squads against Hearts and RC.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Maybe a chance to see what Ruth can do.

Yeap. We really need to start seeing if our young strikers can step up. This is the ideal time. 

I think the Raith game should be used for more squad rotation and deprioritised - just too much at stake in Europe financially to risk losing key players for the tertiary domestic tournament.

Kirkcaldy will be the third plastic pitch we have played on, when we thought we were only seeing one of them all season  (would have been four if the game in Iceland hadn't been moved).

Ideally we would have signings in now to bolster the squad - but almost certain that anything that's going to happen will probably be in the last day or two of the month - inwards and outwards - hopefully on the back of an aggregate victory against Qarabag in front of an ecstatic Pittodrie on 26th Aug.

On 07/08/2021 at 05:47, 2426255 said:

you guys stay comfortable in your thinking that DF is the p***k...

Whatever happened to DF saying "Lewis is his own man"?

22 hours ago, coprolite said:

Was Ferguson injured or bubble wrapped today? 

Glass said postgame that Lewis "had a wee knock in his groin" (but who knows).

40 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d argue the Raith cup game is bigger than one league game against Hearts 

We have the good headache of still being in every competition and the very difficult task of getting the squad rotation right.

Does the second place finisher qualify for the CL groups next season?

if so, then an argument can be put forth that finishing in the top two would be worth more to us than winning the League Cup.

29 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

It's got to be. Assuming you get through Thursday, I think you've got to put everything into the playoff ties, even if that means essentially fielding "B" squads against Hearts and RC.

They'll be playing in the Lowland League...

I was listening to an English football podcast this afternoon and they were saying that Tommie Hoban wasn't included in Crewe's squad on Saturday and there is a rumour circulating among their fans that he is preparing to announce his retirement. Could transpire to be nonsense, mind you. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
38 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Don’t suppose anyone has an idea of when tickets for Raith and Hearts go on sale?

Our supporter's club is giving through our order to Pittodrie today.

No news on the Jambo game yet. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

They won’t know til late on Thursday night if the Hearts game is definitely being moved to the Sunday.

I see that they've now been cleared for capacity crowds. 

That should mean that we'll get a decent allocation for the game (half the away stand ?)