The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

25 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I can't get my head round the thinking that last night was a 'good' result. A team thats made group stage football for seven seasons in Qarabag, simply have to avoid defeat. 

It'll take a monumental performance next week with how disjointed the side is. You saw in glimpses how much better their forward players are, playing on a tattie field. We don't have enough.

The important thing is, and one you can't deny, that the tie is still live going into the Pittodrie leg.

Now it's Qarabag's turn to travel and play in an unfamiliar environment.

The pitch, the atmosphere and, hopefully, the referee will be much improved. Who knows what will happen? Red cards can be shown, injuries to key players can occur and the match can swing towards the underdog.

Our role as supporters is to make it as partisan an atmosphere as possible for the men in red and we'll see what both sets of players have to offer.

I'm expecting a humdinger of a match, hopefully the most exciting Pittodrie Euro match since we returned with Delboy in 2014 (although I really enjoyed the Burnley, Rijeka (first one) and Apollon Pittodrie legs).

No matter what happens at Tynecastle, I'm expecting our team to turn up next Thursday and play like their careers depend on a positive outcome.

5 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The important thing is, and one you can't deny, that the tie is still live going into the Pittodrie leg.

Now it's Qarabag's turn to travel and play in an unfamiliar environment.

The pitch, the atmosphere and, hopefully, the referee will be much improved. Who knows what will happen? Red cards can be shown, injuries to key players can occur and the match can swing towards the underdog.

Our role as supporters is to make it as partisan an atmosphere as possible for the men in red and we'll see what both sets of players have to offer.

I'm expecting a humdinger of a match, hopefully the most exciting Pittodrie Euro match since we returned with Delboy in 2014 (although I really enjoyed the Burnley, Rijeka (first one) and Apollon Pittodrie legs).

No matter what happens at Tynecastle, I'm expecting our team to turn up next Thursday and play like their careers depend on a positive outcome.

Ultimately for me if you’d told me going into the hacken tie that we’d be in the position we’re in now I’d have taken it. 

Id say odds are against us but it’s still one hell of an opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ultimately for me if you’d told me going into the hacken tie that we’d be in the position we’re in now I’d have taken it. 

Id say odds are against us but it’s still one hell of an opportunity. 

Exactly, supporters, including myself, feared we wouldn't get past BK Hacken but we've managed to do our usual and get through a couple of rounds and now we have our best chance since the Kairat Almaty tie to go, as Madness sang, One Step Beyond (although technically speaking we have already because we're in the play off)

24 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I think it'll be a close game, I just don't think we have the quality to edge it, we've shown nothing (aside from the first game v Hacken) this season to suggest that we're capable of pulling off what would be an upset against these lot. 

If you put all the external factors like the pitch, the heat, the ref aside, it was another disjointed performance with very little created. That's three games on the trot with similar performances. 

I think he'll stupidly rotate the squad again Saturday and Hearts will treat it like a cup final, being back in the big league. With a close pitch like Tynecastle is, and with hearts probably going 100 miles an hour, I don't think our team has the cohesion yet to play through that, and we don't have the guys to make it a scrap.

I desperately hope they prove me wrong and somehow it clicks on a consistent basis, but there are a lot of square pegs in round holes still, and we're needing reinforcements, as I said. 

We won v Livi via a shocking goalie mistake. We lost to Raith because of the rotation, no mistake about it, and then the game we rotated for, we've lost again. 

I really admire the optimism of some, but we're being stitched up a bit here. Unless there's an upset next Thursday, we could be out of 2/3 completions before September. 

It would be a terrible start. 

Stitched up in what way?

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’ll be a nice moment before you realise it’s 6 guaranteed pumpings that probably ruin any hope of domestic consistency in the league and we’re already out of one cup. 

Also it will be too late to do any meaningful and significant business with the extra funds available as a result of qualifying so we’re stuck with jack gurr every Sunday after a European night. 

Welcome to my nightmare. 😉

3 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

So far; 

Overpriced tickets to watch us play Icelandic part timers. 

The chairman flexing about how the wage bill is up- scary if true.

Pittodrie being left to rot and then fans being blamed for seats falling apart, putting unnecessary negative light on the red shed, which is a bad thing, for obvious reasons.  What does he want? A good atmosphere or folk sitting on their hands? 

Knocked out of the League Cup to a championship side at the first hurdle largely due to the performance of one of our 'squad' players who both the manager and chairman vehemently defended the signing of. 

Our best players appear to want out, in Hedges and Ferguson. 

The squad is paper thin and it's probably going to cost us our place in 2 competitions, at least. 

We're going into Hearts for our third game of the season fairly certain we'll get scudded. 

My optimism has waned. 

Chin up, it's Friday 😏

25 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

So far; 

Pittodrie being left to rot and then fans being blamed for seats falling apart, putting unnecessary negative light on the red shed, which is a bad thing, for obvious reasons.  What does he want? A good atmosphere or folk sitting on their hands? 

Knocked out of the League Cup to a championship side at the first hurdle largely due to the performance of one of our 'squad' players who both the manager and chairman vehemently defended the signing of. 

The squad is paper thin and it's probably going to cost us our place in 2 competitions, at least. 

We're going into Hearts for our third game of the season fairly certain we'll get scudded. 

My optimism has waned. 

You are some drama queen. I'll give you that.

30 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

So far; 

My optimism has waned. 

You think our first 11 is weaker than last season? I dont find it hard to believe we have a bigger wage than last season as Brown, Gallagher and Ramirez will all be top earners at club. Certainly lack depth if a few are inured but id say Aberdeen are stronger than last season and it's probably too early to gauge where they are at. In 10 games time we will know what the situation is. At the moment it feels like European football is a weight around our neck which we are struggling to cope with. Id expect 2/3 decent signings if we make the groups and maybe 1 or 2 loans if we don't make the groups. Will be interesting to see how much the club throw at recruitment if the club is eliminated on Thursday. Could well be 1 of those frustrating periods where we bring in a couple decent players after elimination and question why they weren't brought in to get us over the line. 

Edited by BrendanGalloway

On the off chance there's an Venn diagram intersection on here of Aberdeen fans and Twilight Sad fans I'll just leave this here for your consideration.

The Hearts x Frightened Rabbit ones were popular IIRC.

Than you for your time.

Edited by capt_oats