The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Decent player Boyle but quite often seems to go missing in matches against the bigger teams, don't think I've seen him excel at Pittodrie before, not sure how well he has done at Parkhead/Ibrox/Tynecastle.

Is that semi finals you're talking about?

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's an easy way for companies to write off some tax.

Business entertaining expenditure isn't tax deductible. 

Sponsorship is. 

But it only reduces your tax by 19% of the amount it reduces your profits by. 

As tax dodges go, it's pretty shit but better than  a baxendale-walker EBT. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Business entertaining expenditure isn't tax deductible. 

Sponsorship is. 

But it only reduces your tax by 19% of the amount it reduces your profits by. 

As tax dodges go, it's pretty shit but better than  a baxendale-walker EBT. 

Close enough 😂

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, d31 said:

The Dons have been played here. We'll go hide in the corner now.

Strange comment. 

It's football, clubs make offers for other players all the time. Aberdeen were entitled to bid for Boyle, Hibs were entitled to say no. Same as Hibs were entitled to ask about Kerr of St Johnsone and the fermers were entitled to knock them back. 

We all move on .

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Strange comment. 

It's football, clubs make offers for other players all the time. Aberdeen were entitled to bid for Boyle, Hibs were entitled to say no. Same as Hibs were entitled to ask about Kerr of St Johnsone and the fermers were entitled to knock them back. 

We all move on .

Maybe for you. I intend to booo him very loudly when I next see him from afar and maybe throw some crisps.  

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe for you. I intend to booo him very loudly when I next see him from afar and maybe throw some crisps.  

Just in case you’re sitting behind me, could you make them smokey bacon please.

Does anyone know which match this was as it’s one of my foremost memories of following Aberdeen? I’m convinced it was at Tannadice in January in the late 90’s/early 00’s, we were certainly playing Dundee United and were shit but thanks to a screamer from distance we won 1-0. Don’t know why but it’s one of my clearest memories

Will probably be shown to have never happened.

2 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

Does anyone know which match this was as it’s one of my foremost memories of following Aberdeen? I’m convinced it was at Tannadice in January in the late 90’s/early 00’s, we were certainly playing Dundee United and were shit but thanks to a screamer from distance we won 1-0. Don’t know why but it’s one of my clearest memories

Wasn't that Arnason? New year's Day game. I was on London and saw it on sky sports news in the hotel bar and lost my shit. 

I want to say 2011.

Edit:

https://www.facebook.com/spflofficial/videos/594749974461123/

Edited by Merkland Red

4 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

2000 Scottish Cup QF at Tannadice maybe - 1-0 win, think it was a good goal from Jess that won it, albeit not sure it was screamer.

Wasn't that Arnason? New year's Day game. I was on London and saw it on sky sports news in the hotel bar and lost my shit. 
I want to say 2011.
Edit:
https://www.facebook.com/spflofficial/videos/594749974461123/

That’s it. Thanks. Completely out with the year and got the score wrong. Just remember sitting in the home end with my dad cold and bored from a really poor game and not being able to say or do anything when it went flying it.

Tickets bought in Tuesday for Hearts on Sunday/Qarabag next week. Picked them up yesterday and couldn't use them by Wednesday night. Went arse over tit on my bike and broke my hip. Will be seeing if I can watch the game from my bed in ARI. 😂

What a pisser. Surgery this morning to inert a plate and 2 screws. 6 weeks on crutches. 2nd time in my life I'll be heading to the South stand on crutches. 20 years ago I broke my ankle. Fucking hard work going from the pub to the match on crutches. 

3 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

That’s it. Thanks. Completely out with the year and got the score wrong. Just remember sitting in the home end with my dad cold and bored from a really poor game and not being able to say or do anything when it went flying it.

Aye it was cold.  I was in the Shed for it, the goals warmed us up.  That pub with the upstairs bit that used to let Dons fans in and sell them booze by the crate load took a bit of a battering that day too.