The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Langfield was slightly better than Brown but both are pretty poor keepers and will be glad when Brown joins Langfield in being an ex AFC player in the summer.

Edited by Jute

Aberdeen being linked with Paul McGinn and Alex Schalk this morning.

I don't think Paul McGinn is all that good, but he is quite young and has potential. Alex Schalk is a funny one, he's recently come onto a game and he has that great Scottish/Dutch accent but I don't know if he's quite the quality we're looking for?

I don't think Paul McGinn is all that good, but he is quite young and has potential. Alex Schalk is a funny one, he's recently come onto a game and he has that great Scottish/Dutch accent but I don't know if he's quite the quality we're looking for?

P McGinn not what we need and not good enough.

Shalk is a diving cheat. Watch the video of him at the Reynolds sending off. Oh and he is not good enough.

Goalkeeper.

CB x2. At least 1 of these, hard, motivating and vocal. Captain material.

MF. Hard, motivating, vocal. Captain material.

Striker.

Shay convinced to stay ASAP

Bin Brown, Reynolds, Goodwillie.

Considine to be last resort in times of crisis only because he can cover FB or CB.

Edited by G-MAN

If these two were realistic targets, and they almost certainly are not, who would you drop to include them in the starting XI?

Shinnie would get in ahead of just about anyone in your team tbh.

Shinnie would get in ahead of just about anyone in your team tbh.

I wouldn't deny how good Shinnie is, but anybody proposing that we sign him should be aware that we could consequently lose one of our current starters. For instance, I seriously doubt that Kenny McLean would be content with sitting on the bench for long periods without eventually seeking a move away - and understandably so. 

It's all immaterial though. Andrew Shinnie won't be signing for Aberdeen. 

I wouldn't drop McLean for any other attacking midfielder in the league right now - he's an outstanding footballer.

Other than United, there's probably 1 or 2 players for each and every club that, that could apply to.

For example, I wouldn't swap Greg Stewart for any midfielder in the league not would I swap Kane Hemmings for any other striker in the league. However, if we were to sign a player that is an upgrade on Stewart such as I believe Shinnie would be on McLean then the point would become moot. A formerly indispensable player suddenly becomes dispensable.

If McLean played for Birmingham City, I very much doubt they would be content to sent him out on loan. Shinnie has only played three times for Rotherham since signing. Not in the matchday squad for recent games. Possible he's injured?