The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Well there is a lot of weaseling in Aberdeen's statement and not a lot of straightforward answers.

I think the answers were as straightforward as you’d get from any club. Much as we’d like it, a club is never going to go into exact details, although Aberdeen have gone pretty far. You may not believe them, but that’s a different matter altogether.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I think the answers were as straightforward as you’d get from any club. Much as we’d like it, a club is never going to go into exact details, although Aberdeen have gone pretty far. You may not believe them, but that’s a different matter altogether.

They sporadic details make it worse. No need to go into what was offered/countered in such an offhand way.

All they needed to say was they failed to reach an agreement on a new deal. Wish Andrew the best of luck in the future.

Goodwin is clearly rattled and doesn't want to be seen to have chased a club stalwart out the door even though he did and even though it might be for the best for Aberdeen. Very insecure from Goodwin.

5 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

They sporadic details make it worse. No need to go into what was offered/countered in such an offhand way.

All they needed to say was they failed to reach an agreement on a new deal. Wish Andrew the best of luck in the future.

Goodwin is clearly rattled and doesn't want to be seen to have chased a club stalwart out the door even though he did and even though it might be for the best for Aberdeen. Very insecure from Goodwin.

As a Motherwell fan your concern for Mr Aberdeen is admirable.

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

"Very insecure from Goodwin."

You think so?  Goodwin may well be wrong, Considine may well have a bit left as a squad player and he remains one of my all time favourites.  However, I think it shows that Goodwin won't be sledged by an agent which is no bad thing.  

52 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Anyway, STV News aired my views on the matter in their 6.00 pm bulletin.

I'm guessing that you're the blonde lady or the articulate young lad? Or Stephanie?

Anyway, I never got past referring to him as Doug, which suggests a hint of pre-senile dementia starting at least 18 years ago. Yes sir, I can booger off.

Just now, fasda2 said:

"Very insecure from Goodwin."

You think so?  Goodwin may well be wrong, Considine may well have a bit left as a squad player and he remains one of my all time favourites.  However, I think it shows that Goodwin won't be sledged by an agent which is no bad thing.  

Won't be sledged by an agent? What does that mean? What did his agent say? In the record report their was only Goodwin's quotes saying how close a deal was to being done and how he wanted Considine to stay.

The real proof of not being taken by Considine's agent is the fact he didn't give into his demands and Considine won't be a Dons player next season.

Won't be sledged by an agent? What does that mean? What did his agent say? In the record report their was only Goodwin's quotes saying how close a deal was to being done and how he wanted Considine to stay.

The real proof of not being taken by Considine's agent is the fact he didn't give into his demands and Considine won't be a Dons player next season.

Considine and his agent are not getting the deal they want.  The story is leaked. A classic agent type sledging modus operandi. If I was Goodwin I'd dig my heels in otherwise he's set up as a soft touch.  It's a negotiation about a contract and there's probably another 12-20 (in and out) to get through before next season.  Considine will be fine, he's a great guy and a good pro, I'm sure he'll do a good job for someone. Might have even been ok for us but that's a punt at best.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

wtf does this mean?

And what does leaked mean? Pure weirdo behaviour from Aberdeen. Pulled the contract offer but don't think considine should be able to say they pulled the contract offer.

Weirdo behaviour? By what Jim Goodwin is saying there appears to have been an agreement to meet on Thursday to give out a joint statement which would, it seems, have had both parties coming out of this looking ok.  The way things have happened today, depending on your point of view, either Andy Considine looks like a bit of a money grabbing bugger who has lost touch with reality, or the club look uncaring and desperate to look good in the face of adversity. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Weirdo behaviour? By what Jim Goodwin is saying there appears to have been an agreement to meet on Thursday to give out a joint statement which would, it seems, have had both parties coming out of this looking ok.  The way things have happened today, depending on your point of view, either Andy Considine looks like a bit of a money grabbing bugger who has lost touch with reality, or the club look uncaring and desperate to look good in the face of adversity. 

Since one party gave out details of the negotiations being over it the evidence says there was not any agreement to meet on Thursday for a joint statement. Or if there was the joint statement did not stop Considine saying anything before Thursday.

Jim got rattled and has spewed out financial details discussed in supposedly confidential meetings. Not very professional imo

Since one party gave out details of the negotiations being over it the evidence says there was not any agreement to meet on Thursday for a joint statement. Or if there was the joint statement did not stop Considine saying anything before Thursday.

Jim got rattled and has spewed out financial details discussed in supposedly confidential meetings. Not very professional imo

Aye ok. 

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

🤣🤣

They had agreed terms and were waiting on the contract being signed. Goodwin has said as such several times in the past month.

21 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

I was criticised on here a week or so ago for saying we are cutting the wage bill but we definitely are. 

Ramirez, Lewis, McGeouch, Ojo and Considine are being allowed to leave as they are high earners.

Dunne and Harry Milne (Cove Rangers) are going to be on much lower wages. Spending £200,000 on Dunne is total madness.

No wonder St Mirren fans are offering to drive Dunne north.

Ramirez - on his alleged salary, are we getting value? Always likely to leave when SG left

Lewis - He’s been poor for about 18-24 months

McGeouch - decent player but seldom fit & as mobile as an oil tanker

Ojo. Well he’s Ojo. He doesn’t deserve his alleged £3.5k per week

Considine - 35 & has turned down a minimum of £2k per week & wanted £3k for 2 more years? No chance.

What I’m trying to say is we’d be freeing up over £20k per week & would we really miss any of them? 

I suppose we just need to wait & see who replaces them. 
I agree Dunne & Milne would be shite. 

12 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

An interesting take.…..

But 100% wrong & unadulterated shite 

16 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Seek help.

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Ramirez - on his alleged salary, are we getting value? Always likely to leave when SG left

Lewis - He’s been poor for about 18-24 months

McGeouch - decent player but seldom fit & as mobile as an oil tanker

Ojo. Well he’s Ojo. He doesn’t deserve his alleged £3.5k per week

Considine - 35 & has turned down a minimum of £2k per week & wanted £3k for 2 more years? No chance.

What I’m trying to say is we’d be freeing up over £20k per week & would we really miss any of them? 

I suppose we just need to wait & see who replaces them. 
I agree Dunne & Milne would be shite. 

Mikey Devlin contract extension incoming. 

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣🤣

They had agreed terms and were waiting on the contract being signed. Goodwin has said as such several times in the past month.

if the contract was agreed then why wasn't it signed. The signing is the thing that says both parties agree. Why were they still having negotiations on March 23rd if there was an agreement. why did Considine say he was leaving Aberdeen if there was an agreement?

Maybe, and I'm just going on confirmed facts here, Jim Goodwin has not always been accurate in his statements.

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

An interesting take.…..

But 100% wrong & unadulterated shite 

You are going to have to expand on this. What is wrong? Was the meeting not confidential? Did Goodwin not reveal financial details of these meetings?