The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Some weirdos already upset about it?

It’s absolutely bizarre 

Must be exhausting getting rattled by every decision the club makes

I’m old enough to remember when nobody cared when a new shirt sponsor was announced 

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

“The prominent X of the TEXO logo will also feature on the rear of all matchday playing shorts used by the first team.” emoji15.png

Don't see the issue with that at all. Pretty sure Hibs have had shorts sponsors for years?

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s absolutely bizarre 

I’m old enough to remember when nobody cared when a new shirt sponsor was announced 

Yeah exactly.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

You don’t want to upset the Saltire Energy ultras. 

Saw a few folk saying Saltire aren't impressed with Cromack. A few years ago it came out tat Texo weren't impressed with McInnes. These things go round in circles.

10 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

I was criticised on here a week or so ago for saying we are cutting the wage bill but we definitely are. 

Ramirez, Lewis, McGeouch, Ojo and Considine are being allowed to leave as they are high earners.

Dunne and Harry Milne (Cove Rangers) are going to be on much lower wages. Spending £200,000 on Dunne is total madness.

No wonder St Mirren fans are offering to drive Dunne north.

I'm not so sure we are cutting the budget rather we have a load of crap players on high wages and Goodwin clearing the decks.

46 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've heard he's moving to the central belt.

I heard a rumour of him signing a pre-contract with Partick. I heard from another more trusted source that Ian McCall tried to sign him previously. I know Harry's brother-in-law and sister very well, they wouldn't tell me even if they knew as it's confidential, but that particular move doesn't really make much sense.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

54 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s absolutely bizarre 

I'm old enough to remember when we didn't have shirt sponsors.

And played in white shorts...

And regularly finished in the bottom half of the table. Oh, wait...

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Dons have Johnny Hayes at LB at the moment who is quality but Jack McKenzie isn't close to Harry's level. Johnny is naturally more a LW than LB

I really hope he doesn't go

From the Cove Sevco thread. 

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

From the Cove Sevco thread. 

Cavaet to the Mackenzie piece is when I've seen him in the handful of matches I've streamed, latest being against St Johnstone.

Harry would give pace, power and supply down the left side. He's very strong in the challenge too. He's in a different class compared to Logan, who I know is past his prime.

Dons have a very wide ranging recruitment net and could easily opt for a more experienced or even international quality player.

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cavaet to the Mackenzie piece is when I've seen him in the handful of matches I've streamed, latest being against St Johnstone.

Harry would give pace, power and supply down the left side. He's very strong in the challenge too.

Dons have a very wide ranging recruitment net and could easily opt for a more experienced or even international quality player.

MacKenzie was very good in the first half of the season. Struggled after his injury.

I'm told Milne already has something lined up elsewhere. Something will have had to change for him to come to us.

He was offered at least £2000 a week then 

A 35 year old, coming back off the back of a bad injury with a clear pathway to coaching should’ve grabbed that with both hands 

His Agent has utterly fucked him here 

Fully behind Goodwin and the club on this one 

9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Jesus, it’s not great is it 

Agents are utter c***s aren’t they?

Thought that offer was more than fair. Agree on the agents bit.

Cove might be able to offer him first team football but on peanuts compared to the salary mentioned.

Doubt he's hard up either. Baffling decision

Really sad state of affairs, gutted that he is leaving like this.

Agent has obviously f*cked him and the club over but at the age of 35 you’d think he’d be capable of stepping in if he didn’t like what was happening.

I love Andy and think he’s still got a lot to offer but I don’t think there’s a queue of other clubs lining up to pay him in excess of £2k p/w.

24 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Really sad state of affairs, gutted that he is leaving like this.

Agent has obviously f*cked him and the club over but at the age of 35 you’d think he’d be capable of stepping in if he didn’t like what was happening.

I love Andy and think he’s still got a lot to offer but I don’t think there’s a queue of other clubs lining up to pay him in excess of £2k p/w.

I’ve seen plenty of situations at my club where the agent has been at it (Declan Gallaghers “gun to the head” interview being a classic of the genre) - but when you think about it, Considine is a 35 year old, massively experienced player not some daft wee tit just out the youth team - as with Gallagher, I’m not sure it’s the agent’s fault. 

From an outsider’s perspective, the offer he got was perfect for someone at his stage - he shouldn’t need an agent to see that.