The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I've seen Harry Milne a dozen times or so over the last few seasons.  Very unusual for a 25 year old to have had a career basically in the Juniors, Highland League and lower divisions actually make the grade at Premiership level but I have to say he's pretty good and may well be worth a low cost punt.  I've never noticed the boy Dunne.  It that was our intake then definitely shite but I would hope it would be squad filler stuff.

49 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Ramirez - on his alleged salary, are we getting value? Always likely to leave when SG left

Lewis - He’s been poor for about 18-24 months

McGeouch - decent player but seldom fit & as mobile as an oil tanker

Ojo. Well he’s Ojo. He doesn’t deserve his alleged £3.5k per week

Considine - 35 & has turned down a minimum of £2k per week & wanted £3k for 2 more years? No chance.

What I’m trying to say is we’d be freeing up over £20k per week & would we really miss any of them? 

I suppose we just need to wait & see who replaces them. 
I agree Dunne & Milne would be shite. 

Ramirez would be a miss. Others we can do without.

50 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

if the contract was agreed then why wasn't it signed. The signing is the thing that says both parties agree. Why were they still having negotiations on March 23rd if there was an agreement. why did Considine say he was leaving Aberdeen if there was an agreement?

Maybe, and I'm just going on confirmed facts here, Jim Goodwin has not always been accurate in his statements.

You are going to have to expand on this. What is wrong? Was the meeting not confidential? Did Goodwin not reveal financial details of these meetings?

After this host of Aberdeen/Goodwin bashing posts tonight, I’m beginning to think that you may actually be  Andy Considine’s agent.

Edited by kingjoey

6 minutes ago, fasda2 said:

I've seen Harry Milne a dozen times or so over the last few seasons.  Very unusual for a 25 year old to have had a career basically in the Juniors, Highland League and lower divisions actually make the grade at Premiership level but I have to say he's pretty good and may well be worth a low cost punt.  I've never noticed the boy Dunne.  It that was our intake then definitely shite but I would hope it would be squad filler stuff.

The person that told me he's coming to Hibs had a similar start to his career funnily enough. 

Harry Milne is playing way below his level. I’m not a Cove fan but Milne is a class act.

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

He's met Maloney and we've offered him a very nice deal.   Source is a player not getting a game under Maloney. 

Interesting, I hope it's not a signed deal yet. I'm still holding hope he stays at Cove. I know, unlikely.

Trying to think who you have at LB/LWB now. Lewis Stevenson, who is getting on a bit, and Harry Clarke who looks very impressive but will go back to Arsenal I presume. 

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Interesting, I hope it's not a signed deal yet. I'm still holding hope he stays at Cove. I know, unlikely.

Trying to think who you have at LB/LWB now. Lewis Stevenson, who is getting on a bit, and Harry Clarke who looks very impressive but will go back to Arsenal I presume. 

Clarke is here another 12 months (18 month loan deal) Lewis back up.    I think and im guessing, Maloney wants Clarke higher up the pitch like Cadden and your man left of a back three. 

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Think your getting the Considine and Harry Milne stories confused 

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

‘A generous offer’ would have probably have sufficed, or something to that effect.

“Celtic FC is content that it has made a magnificent offer and it is now up to the agent and player to decide if the player wants to join Celtic. If not, we move on.”

Something like that?

Goodwin isn't messing about. We've a fair amount of crap on big wages that need moved on and that's exactly what's he's doing. 

JET, Woods, Lewis, Campbell, Ojo, McGeouch, Ramirez, McLennan, Considine, Montgomery, Jenks and Devlin can all leave. Verdict is still out on McKenzie. Getting shot of Gordon Marshall and the boy Spence seems another good move.

Ramirez initially did really well but he's been disappointing for sometime now. Lacks pace, any aerial presence and is bullied by the majority of cb's in the league. We are not getting value for money.

We have a decent foundation of players left. Looking forward to potentially seeing Ross Duncan and Hanratty feature next season.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Goodwin isn't messing about. We've a fair amount of crap on big wages that need moved on and that's exactly what's he's doing. 

JET, Woods, Lewis, Campbell, Ojo, McGeouch, Ramirez, McLennan, Considine, Montgomery, Jenks and Devlin can all leave. Verdict is still out on McKenzie. Getting shot of Gordon Marshall and the boy Spence seems another good move.

Ramirez initially did really well but he's been disappointing for sometime now. Lacks pace, any aerial presence and is bullied by the majority of cb's in the league. We are not getting value for money.

We have a decent foundation of players left. Looking forward to potentially seeing Ross Duncan and Hanratty feature next season.

Do you mean Ryan Duncan?

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Hanratty struggled for game time when out on loan, especially at Elgin City.

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

@Vancouver_Don

If you have any doubt where the original leak came from then you only have to see the spin on things from the Record today. Three articles on how poorly Considine has been treated.

He's a 35 year old who's suffered a major injury and we have a new manager in place. Why should he be offered the same deal? Why should he have been offered two years?

There's not a chance he'd get the money he is looking for elsewhere in the Premier League so why should Aberdeen have to offer that?