The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

18 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Jamie Langfield has confirmed he WON’T be going back to Pittodrie as goalie coach.

Happy with that if true.  A guy who angrily confronted Calderwood for not facilitating a move from Aberdeen to Rangers, where he had no realistic hope of being anything than emergency back-up, isn't someone I'm dying to see back at the club.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

Happy with that if true.  A guy who angrily confronted Calderwood for not facilitating a move from Aberdeen to Rangers, where he had no realistic hope of being anything than emergency back-up, isn't someone I'm dying to see back at the club.

Also played a massive part in our only cup win in the last 25 years which I think trumps him wanting away at one point to treble his wage.

21 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Jamie Langfield has confirmed he WON’T be going back to Pittodrie as goalie coach.

Yeah happy with this as well 

I actually don’t mind JL but he is relentlessly thin skinned on Twitter and would be eaten alive by our fan base 

For the best 

5 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Clearly the wage bill getting cut big time next season if this is the kind of player we are trying to sign this summer

While the wage bill was clearly too high earlier this season, that statement is still total guesswork.

Ronan would cost a fee (£500k been mentioned) and you have no idea the wage he would command.

Alnwick would be on a decent wage and an upgrade on Woods IF things went that way.

Dunne would also require a fee according to that article. I have to admit I have no idea how capable Dunne is as haven’t really paid much attention to him. 

Hardly cutting back. 

Edited by big al

While the wage bill was clearly too high earlier this season, that statement is still total guesswork.
Ronan would cost a fee (£500k been mentioned) and you have no idea the wage he would command.
Alnwick would be on a decent wage and an upgrade on Woods IF things went that way.
Dunne would also require a fee according to that article. I have to admit I have no idea how capable Dunne is as haven’t really paid much attention to him. 
Hardly cutting back. 

Allegedly Ronan on a 4k plus wage at Wolves at the start of the season. However with his excellent displays and getting into the Ireland squad I'd suspect his agent would be looking for an increase. Still has 2 years on his Wolves contract. If he does't want to stay at a Premier league club I'd reckon a few Championship clubs would be interested.

4 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

He should think himself lucky he isn't a horse as he would have been humanely destroyed ages ago...

6 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

We’ve been more than loyal to him up to now, and enough is enough.