The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Excellent point well made.

This is why I’m not doom and gloom about next season. It doesn’t require a perfect transfer window for us to be competitive again. Install a decent spine into the team and add a bit more quality, get a team spirit and an organisation about us and you can fire up this league. 

No it won’t be the finished article but we just need to lay a foundation. 

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Not for me it doesn't, this league cup group stage pish is an absolute embarassment and I won't be paying attention to it. So Coprolite is right, the season starts in 7 weeks as far as I'm concerned.

It may be an embarrassment but it’s only one of two trophies we have a slight chance of winning. 

1 hour ago, House Bartender said:

I suspect you meant "So much wrong in one tw(A)t".  A lesson in the importance of dumping yer accent for a pseudo-Oxbridge one.

If he was on a student parade float in the early 90's in Aberdeen dressed like that then a good handful of 2's & 1's may well have came his way............:whistle

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is why I’m not doom and gloom about next season. It doesn’t require a perfect transfer window for us to be competitive again. Install a decent spine into the team and add a bit more quality, get a team spirit and an organisation about us and you can fire up this league. 

No it won’t be the finished article but we just need to lay a foundation. 

I don't think that is ambitious enough, frankly. We have players in our squad that absolutely every team in Scotland would value. Even both sides of the filth would give games to Ferguson and Ramsay. That said, we have glaring weaknesses, that Glass thought he could play through by dominating possession. Turns out, in modern football you can't do that anymore.

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It may be an embarrassment but it’s only one of two trophies we have a slight chance of winning. 

Not interested. Play the youth team, I'll watch it.

5 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Ignore him. He's clearly a part time supporter. Every competitive game should matter to fans. 

Last time we won the League Cup was the last time we didn't qualify for Europe.......

As for the trip to Spain it's AFTER the trip to Buckle which is 2 weeks today.

Yep, I've had a season ticket for...ten years...

Probably won't this year, due to external factors...

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Hopefully we stand firm.

Think €10m is £8.5m?

Would be outrageous if you could get that as an initial fee.

22 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Not for me it doesn't, this league cup group stage pish is an absolute embarassment and I won't be paying attention to it. So Coprolite is right, the season starts in 7 weeks as far as I'm concerned.

😀

I mean, no offence, but you support a club that's spent a good deal of the last three decades or so knocking about lower mid-table (bottom half of the league in 43% of seasons of the last three decades) and has won one solitary League Cup in the last 25 years.

You sound like you support Real Madrid or something.

League Cup group stages, THE HUMANITY! 😀

Edited by VincentGuerin

24 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

I mean, no offence, but you support a club that's spent a good deal of the last three decades or so knocking about lower mid-table and has won one solitary League Cup in the last 25 years.

You sound like you support Real Madrid or something.

League Cup group stages, THE HUMANITY! 😀

50% in the lower mid table.* The other 50% was top four finishes.

Hearts 33% including 2 relegations and an administration (thanks to buying 2 cups). 43% top four.

I know which I prefer.

*Two League Cups if you use your original "three decades".

Edited by Jacksgranda