The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

We make inquiries about lots of players as do all clubs.

It's the ones who sign that matter not who we may have inquired about only to be knocked back.

It's possible for us to enquire and then not take it any further. I'd imagine that happens a lot when we find out what a player hopes to be paid. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ramsay is good but he's never going to displace Alexander-Arnold.

Probably not but I can see TAA getting moved forward if he can't learn to defend.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Come on now. I love to have a go at TAA's defending but he's a world class footballer in the opposing half. They've built their team around his strengths.

And will continue to lose big games because of his deficiencies at the back. Consistently gets exposed when Liverpool are playing the top teams.

Guest ApathyAFC
1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Forgive me for not believing the word of a poster named 'ApathyAFC'.

Especially when they've made 6 posts, with the majority of them hysterical.

Bore off! Apathy is what loads of fans have for the Club these days. And what has my poster name got to do we anything? 

3 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Do folk really think moving to Liverpool is a bad move? He's a cracking prospect who's a bit raw and he'll be training with world class players every day. He'll be looked after well and will probably get a handful of League cup games.

It's a great move in terms of development, a loan deal the following season may well be on the cards.

Also, if he proves he can defend he'll be a better option than Trent who consistently gets caught out of position/loses his man.

I don't think it's the best move for the options available to him.

As @Gall09 mentions, there's a lot of dross playing under-23s that are never going to be summoned to the first team. Ramsey needs to rise above that.

Another season passing with, at best, around 5-10 first team appearances, possibly none, and then shunted out on loan down the leagues as 20 year old with around 30 first team appearances to his name.

I think Leeds or, especially, an Italian team would focus more on exposing the player to first team football. That's the only way he'll truly develop, not being hidden away in the under-23s.

A football player's career is short although the player himself will feel like he has time to develop. However, there are very few players like Ian Wright or Jamie Vardy that develop late.

For me, I'd be advising the player to move where he can get first team football, at a good level and be given responsibility both on and off the field.

That's why I'd like him to take a chance and head to Italy.

44 minutes ago, ApathyAFC said:

Bore off! Apathy is what loads of fans have for the Club these days. And what has my poster name got to do we anything? 

Sure there is but there's a difference between being apathetic and every single post being shit the bed misery like all yours are.

Saying Cormack's turned us into a selling club as if Milne would be slapping away 3-4 million bids for players is ridiculous too. The only difference is this is the first time in quite a while where we've had a few players able to command those kinds of fees.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

Probably not but I can see TAA getting moved forward if he can't learn to defend.

You're massively overthinking this.

He's arguably one of the best attacking RBs on the planet just now, they're aren't changing his position, or their shape, because he's sometimes exposed in the 4/5 games they play against properly elite sides a season. The upsides he brings from that position far outweigh the negatives.

That's ignoring the fact Ramsey himself is weak defensively.

29 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Sure there is but there's a difference between being apathetic and every single post being shit the bed misery like all yours are.

Saying Cormack's turned us into a selling club as if Milne would be slapping away 3-4 million bids for players is ridiculous too. The only difference is this is the first time in quite a while where we've had a few players able to command those kinds of fees.

Because that's my job. According to @kingjoey.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Forgive me for not believing the word of a poster named 'ApathyAFC'.

Especially when they've made 6 posts, with the majority of them hysterical.

I'm with you here Merkie 😉

I was wondering if there has been some kind of cull on The Hat as we seem to have had an influx of a certain type of posters on here over the last couple of weeks

39 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Yip.

With the benefit of hindsight, Milne made a big mistake letting McInnes run contracts down. It left us in an impossible position where we were trying to replace a player who's worth about £15k a week with their £3k per week wage they originally signed on.