The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

22 hours ago, kingjoey said:

So you would be satisfied if Aberdeen went out of the League Cup at the group stages. What do you think that Aberdeen’s targets in the three completions should be at the start of next season?

Winning the league cup would do absolutely nothing for us long term. The only way we're ever going to build the finances to consistently separate ourselves from the chasing pack and have the slimmest hope in hell of catching the old firm and 'Rangers', is by regularly getting the income from Europe. Therefore finishing 5th in the league and qualifying for Europe is, in my humble opinion, far more important than winning the league cup.

5 hours ago, ApathyAFC said:

He's a 🤡 show! imagine not caring about a cup competition that we have a decent chance of winning.

If we can get enough signings through the door that is.

Again, coming from an absolute moon unit such as yourself, that's a great compliment.

40 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Campbell to Stevenage for the season

You'd think they'd have to be expecting a few in if they're letting Campbell go when numbers for the squad overall are so low.

58 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hearing bits and pieces about foreign strikers incoming.

You read AFC Chat.

MainStandMoan suggesting we are after Norwegian striker Tobias Lauritsen. Norwegian press reporting he is set to move abroad. He also shares the same agent as Ramadani.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

7 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

You'd think they'd have to be expecting a few in if they're letting Campbell go when numbers for the squad overall are so low.

Aye you would think so .     Think that’s Dean going into last year of his contract so if move confirmed that’s him done here you would think , I wish him well he’s good lad . 

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You read AFC Chat.

MainStandMoan suggesting we are after Norwegian striker Tobias Lauritsen. Norwegian press reporting he is set to move abroad. He also shares the same agent as Ramadani.

Lauritson doesn't share the same agent as Ramadani. We've been linked with a Macedonian international striker Bojan Miovski who shares an agent with Ramadani. Lauritson was a mainstandmoan special. Miovski was linked by a macedonian account. 

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You read AFC Chat.

Nope.

That's not the real mainstandmoan either.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Winning the league cup would do absolutely nothing for us long term. The only way we're ever going to build the finances to consistently separate ourselves from the chasing pack and have the slimmest hope in hell of catching the old firm and 'Rangers', is by regularly getting the income from Europe. Therefore finishing 5th in the league and qualifying for Europe is, in my humble opinion, far more important than winning the league cup.

That’s not how football works though, is it? Because we throw our chances of winning the League Cup does not mean that we will finish 5th in the league. I want us to do everything we can to win at least one of the two major cups and finish third in the league. There may be others out there who like you would consider going out in the League Cup group stages and finishing 5th in the league as a successful season, but I’m not one of them.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Winning the league cup is something you will remember for years to come while qualifying for europe isn't, however I do get your financial point of view. 

Edited by betting competition

6 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I miss the Twa Jimmy's.  We should argue more about their departure instead. 

Jimmy and his team had many faults; however, season 2007/08 remains probably the most memorable season, for good and bad, of the 21st century for Dons supporters.

Certainly one I won't forget (hopefully), I was in Dnipro, Madrid and Munich plus all the home European games, and the QotS debacle (great game though), and one of the lowest attendances ever in the top league since 1975 with Gretna at Fir Park on Boxing Day if I remember correctly, a few days after one of Pittodrie's loudest nights with the vuevuzuelas or whatever they were called against Copenhagen.

I wasn't at the horsing against Dundee United at Tynecastle or Panathiniakos which was a disappointment for me (the latter I mean, I was glad not to attend the former which I think is the only semi-final of the 21st century for the Dons I've missed)...

Correction: I attend the semi-final which Considine got sent off against Celtic. I couldn't be arsed with it and I've never seen anything of that game on TV or YouTube either)

Correction2: Nor was I at the Covid one for obvious reasons 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

47 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Correct. It’s a different Mainstandmoan from the one on Mad.

The one on AbMad was a precious self-important twat. I asked him why he was revealing what the club were trying to do in private and he took a hissy fit.

I think Dave smoked him out...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

5 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Surely a club who has won one trophy in 25 years can't be too picky about which one it wins next?