The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

CR99 away.

One of Goodwin's biggest fuckups. Ramirez knew where the net was and he became almost a scapegoat for the team's performances at the end of last season. The shit he got from reptiles on Twitter and AFC chat was disgusting. Real shame that we never got to see a front two of him and Miovski also. 

In fairness, even if he feels that he has some legitimate grievances, I don't think Ramirez did much to enamour himself to Goodwin or the fans after Glass was sacked. He was clearly a capable finisher, but other aspects of his game weren't great. Duk and Miovski are both better and more rounded players than him, so it isn't a huge surprise that opportunities have been limited. It is undoubtedly best for all parties that he moves on now. 

9 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

One of Goodwin's biggest fuckups. Ramirez knew where the net was and he became almost a scapegoat for the team's performances at the end of last season. The shit he got from reptiles on Twitter and AFC chat was disgusting. Real shame that we never got to see a front two of him and Miovski also. 

Disagree, Ramirez chucked it once his pals got sacked. He’s got himself to blame for losing his place in the team, Goodwin bigged him up when he came in but CR didn’t deliver. We then brought in two superior strikers which pushed him down the pecking order.

Don't know if it’s come from playing in MLS all his life with no relegation and less interested fans but he clearly struggled with the pressure of the game over here. Obviously don’t condone any abuse he’s received mind.

Best for all parties that he’s away and I hope we reinvest his considerable wage wisely.

I don't usually give much credence to rumours about falling outs and favourites etc but there's a load of evidence that this is really the case with Goodwin. 

I think that the fact that we couldn't land two players who'd performed well for him at st mirren speaks volumes about how much players want to work for him. 

15 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't usually give much credence to rumours about falling outs and favourites etc but there's a load of evidence that this is really the case with Goodwin. 

I think that the fact that we couldn't land two players who'd performed well for him at st mirren speaks volumes about how much players want to work for him. 

From everything I've read, McGrath was done and dusted until Wigan asked us to cover a more significant part of the wage. I'm believing that more now I see they're in the shit financially.

I think it was McG who posted we had no chance of getting Ronan if we have Goodwin in charge though.

28 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

That's the club posted press of Goodwin talking about the cup game so would seem unlikely he's getting punted in the next few days at least.

That's just a Cormack bluff, imho.

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack pitches Dons 'survival plan' for games ...