The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Willie adie said:

IMG-20230119-WA0004.thumb.jpg.cf0aa3077f9607f07dee8d4521a05da2.jpg

I wonder if Fitzwater could be the rumour, we're apparently willing to let him go in January for about 400k. We've already signed his replacement but seem happy to keep him until his contract is up, unless someone throws decent money at us

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I wonder if Fitzwater could be the rumour, we're apparently willing to let him go in January for about 400k. We've already signed his replacement but seem happy to keep him until his contract is up, unless someone throws decent money at us

That's nowhere near the club record deal though.

It'll just be shite.

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

It’s made up nonsense by some attention seeker.

Best ignored.

And besides our record fee paid is £1m. 

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

If Goodwin is indeed sacked Aberdeen's managerial options should be as follows:

Foreigner who can bring exciting, technical players to the club and install an effective brand of football fit for The Famous.

or

Big Dunc.

I'd just make them sit and watch constant footage from each previous manager.

Derek - this is how you shitfest a 1-0

Glass - This is how to approach the bigots

Jim - Look at this sexy football at Pittodrie

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It’s made up nonsense by some attention seeker.

Best ignored.

And besides our record fee paid is £1m. 

It says record fee "paid", not record fee wasted...

I'm in the minority here but we have to give Goodwin time to get it right if he doesn't qualify for Europe then he should be sacked. If we lose to Darvel then he should be sacked. 

Didn't expect anything out of the Hearts game although it was strange game as 3-0 with Hearts with 3 chances.

Edited by betting competition

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

I'm in the minority here but we have to give Goodwin time to get it right if he doesn't qualify for Europe then he should be sacked. If we lose to Darvel then he should be sacked. 

Didn't expect anything out of the Hearts game although it was strange game as 3-0 with Hearts with 3 chances.

Do we just keep going "If we lose to the next opponent he should be sacked"? He's had a year and one of the biggest budgets of any Aberdeen manager ever. It's clearly not working and there aren't really any signs that he's going to suss it all out any time soon. 

1 hour ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Do we just keep going "If we lose to the next opponent he should be sacked"? He's had a year and one of the biggest budgets of any Aberdeen manager ever. It's clearly not working and there aren't really any signs that he's going to suss it all out any time soon. 

Sack him now and by the time we get a new manager in the transfer window is shut. Best stick with him and see how February goes with the 3 home games then look at it again. 

Edited by betting competition

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Cowley would probably be worth a punt. He's got a good record and it would certainly be a change of pace compared to Goodwin.

He and his brother certainly rub a lot of people up the wrong way, and you'd quickly become pretty unpopular. Nothing wrong with that, mind.

Speaking from personal experience?