The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Alan Nixon reporting that we were in for ex-Hibs goalkeeper Matt Macey, but it looks like he is going to sign for Portsmouth. That would suggest that we are looking for a goalkeeper to cover for Roos. 

Lewis gives me the fear.

I’m not convinced by Roos either to be honest (there’s evidence), but Lewis has atrocious stats for saves/shots.

Hasn’t been the same for two years now.

Is Hladký still not getting games at Ipswich? 
Or we more likely looking at a downgrade on him? 

Depends how bad Roos injury is I suppose. 
We can’t have Lewis as no1 for a large part or all of the season. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

48 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Did he f**k us about? He got offered the Portsmouth job mid interview and told Cormack right away. He didn't string us along.

He obviously had no intention of taking it unless nothing else came up.

I actually wanted him previously but his stock seems low now.

39 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I would think even if he acted in good faith cormack won’t have been impressed at the way it happened and can’t see him going back there. 

On 20/01/2023 at 15:50, Frank Grimes said:

Danny Cowley is a name I’ve heard today 

Was interviewed when we ended up with Glass 

Please God no, that's a Hibs-esque appointment plucked from English backwaters, he'd underestimate Scottish football and would last between 6-12 months.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

On 21/01/2023 at 12:45, Merkland Red said:

Could go either way.

He's obviously got something, and my mates who support EFL teams would generally be quite happy to take a punt on him. He'd quickly have the fans onside. Good at whipping up a bit of enthusiasm.

While his stock has taken a bit of a hit, he's at the kind of level where if his next job is another good one, he'll be out of reach for the likes of Aberdeen forever and may look like a chance missed.

I think there are far worse choices Aberdeen could make. He'd certainly ruffle feathers. He and his brother are arseholes, basically. But they know what they're doing.

Edited by VincentGuerin

I see Miko Virtanen has signed for Cove until the end of the season. Had completely forgotten about him, apparently wasn't getting a game for Accies.

Ronan confirmed at Colorado as well so at least that's a transfer that shouldn't get dragged up again for a couple of windows at least.

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I see Miko Virtanen has signed for Cove until the end of the season. Had completely forgotten about him, apparently wasn't getting a game for Accies.

Ronan confirmed at Colorado as well so at least that's a transfer that shouldn't get dragged up again for a couple of windows at least.

Unsure what to expect from Miko at Cove, impressed at Arbroath but his 2nd season at Accies didn't go to plan maybe due to injury.

He's a DCM which we needed and will be looking to prove his worth to secure a contract extension. Only with us until the end of that season initially.