The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd be better juat wasting time with Robson and getting it right in the Summer.

No way Strachan doesnt try to take over the way your entire clubs run and theres nothing to suggest hes any use at that in the slightest. 

Would be awful for my blood pressure tbh.

20 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

The problem with waiting until the summer is we have virtually a full 11 to sign. Unless you got a guy to start in May. But if you get somebody starting as manager in say June, he then has to look at what he has and identify the types of player he wants then Mowbray has to go and find them and get them signed. Bearing in mind the LC group stages start early July it leaves very little time to get players in and gelled. 

That's why, for me, it's key we get a permanent manager in now.. Gives him the time to look at what he has and what he needs and get the ball rolling. 

Michty, loon, we winna be in them...

37 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

The problem with waiting until the summer is we have virtually a full 11 to sign. Unless you got a guy to start in May. But if you get somebody starting as manager in say June, he then has to look at what he has and identify the types of player he wants then Mowbray has to go and find them and get them signed. Bearing in mind the LC group stages start early July it leaves very little time to get players in and gelled. 

That's why, for me, it's key we get a permanent manager in now.. Gives him the time to look at what he has and what he needs and get the ball rolling. 

Fully agree with all that, just think hiring Strachan now would be worse than waiting and risking a poor rebuild.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Strachan as DoF would be understandable. Not good, mind, but at least there would be some method to the stupidity. 

Strachan as manager would be baffling. 

I'm assuming it's all just made up rumours anyway. 

Strachan as DoF?

The same Strachan who thought it a good idea to replace James McPake with Mark McGhee?

Nah, yer alright thanks.

I don’t really see why a short term gig with us would even appeal to Strachan. 

He’s got a job where he’s in charge of something he’s publicly very passionate about, there’s no cups to play for, 3rd is nearly impossible, a significant portion of the support will be raging about it, he won’t need the money and it’s not like he’s ever held us in that high affection despite his playing career. 

I don’t see it happening and think that would be for the best. 

11 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Is there any substance to the Strachan rumour?

Can’t help but feel he’s yesterday’s man. I cannot imagine him getting on with Cormack either.

Apart from the 2 aberdeen based journalists telling anyone that would listen at the Cove game yesterday then no. 

Unfortunately though, Cormack is a man stuck in the 80's. On the 40th anniversary of Gothenburg what better way to celebrate it than having WGS as manager? 

Strachan shouldn't be anywhere near the club in any capacity. Be it manager, DoF whatever. He's yesterday's man. If we are seriously saying that he's the best we can get then we'd be aswell turning the lights off and shutting the doors. 

Edited by DunbartonshireRed

There’s quite a lot of melodramatic takes about Strachan. 

I mean, aye if we were giving him a 3 year contract and a budget to spend then I’d be pretty angry. 

But if you’re telling me he’s coming in to steady us until may then, he wouldn’t be my choice, but it’s a bit of a shrug of the shoulders. He’s not that bad. 

9 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Apart from the 2 aberdeen based journalists telling anyone that would listen at the Cove game yesterday then no. 

Unfortunately though, Cormack is a man stuck in the 80's. On the 40th anniversary of Gothenburg what better way to celebrate it than having WGS as manager? 

Strachan shouldn't be anywhere near the club in any capacity. Be it manager, DoF whatever. He's yesterday's man. If we are seriously saying that he's the best we can get then we'd be aswell turning the lights off and shutting the doors. 

Amen. 

We need a new man in ASAP, the man to tell the HoR what we need to be signing. 
Not someone to come in June, when we are back training later that month & we’ve got no idea what we want 

Personally I can't see any way it'll be Strachan as manager (or as a DoF).

He was pretty disparaging about the city when he lived here in the 80's when the place was booming, so I can't see him being too enthusiastic about coming back here now.

Add into the mix the dogs abuse he used to get when he came back as Celtic manager and I just can't see that we would be offering him a high enough wage to persuade him to go house-hunting in Ferryhill again.

But not for a single second do I think that we should have him back in any capacity anyway.

10 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Amen. 

We need a new man in ASAP, the man to tell the HoR what we need to be signing. 
Not someone to come in June, when we are back training later that month & we’ve got no idea what we want 

I've said this on Twitter to folk who say "just give it to Robson till the end of the season then get the new man in". Then when you say we need to sign virtually a full new team you get the "well we have a DoF and HoR"  

Some of our fans are beyond fucking clueless at times. 

Look how long it took to get Miovski's visa sorted for example? Fucking hell he was with us in Spain then had to send him home for 2 or 3 weeks before all his papers were in order. 

And you just know our first league game next season is away at the b*****d garden. 

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s quite a lot of melodramatic takes about Strachan. 

I mean, aye if we were giving him a 3 year contract and a budget to spend then I’d be pretty angry. 

But if you’re telling me he’s coming in to steady us until may then, he wouldn’t be my choice, but it’s a bit of a shrug of the shoulders. He’s not that bad. 

The problem I’d have with that is that Strachan is stubborn and can rub people up the wrong way. I could see him falling out with our players who have shown themselves to be thin-skinned to say the least and results tanking (or continuing to tank). I think there are enough bad teams below us to mean relegation is unlikely but it could easily go badly wrong if he comes in.