The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I can’t believe it’s taken me nearly 24 hours to say get it right fucking up you wee rat faced Naismith. 

Hearts have ANOTHER manager I despise.

Started with Alex MacDonald, Craig Levein, Robbie Neilson, & now that nasal whiney *** arse Naismith. 

29 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Did we not play them the week before Burnley? 
A 1-1 draw? 

Yes i believe it was. Wouldn’t mind something similar this year. Something I thought we have always lacked is a pre season “glamour” game at pittodrie 

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Hearts have ANOTHER manager I despise.

Started with Alex MacDonald, Craig Levein, Robbie Neilson, & now that nasal whiney *** arse Naismith. 

That Smurn tackle on Bojan last night was at almost exactly the same place as that wee ratface's cowardly and despicable assault on Rob Milsom during deadco's final years.

Finishing ahead of the yams has been real cause for satisfaction - the smugness from some of their support, when the reality is they've finished ahead of us on just the one occasion in the past decade.  It would have been very wrong for them to be the club to benefit from the new European structure again. However, if they can manage it by getting through a couple of qualifiers if it comes to that, then fair do's (we still may need to do the same!).

As for the Paisley mob. I've always mainly respected them due to them being a fine side when I was a lad - and of course the number of players/managers that came from there and did a turn for us. However, the way they celebrated that win in Robson's first match when McCrorie was unfairly red carded early on - not sure what it was, but Main/Gallagher seemed particularly keen to rub it in to us rather than just enjoy the win for their own club. In a league like ours, it will always come back to bite - and for them European football remains the long-held memory for some of their older fans of throwing away a two goal advantage in stoppage time and racist abuse that had a young Ruud Gullit close to tears.

Edited by tarapoa

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

he shat it & blatantly never applied the laws of the game in not sending off Gogic who should’ve had 3 yellow cards. 

I'd have been happy enough to settle for two. 

39 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

If Watford were willing to sell, how much would you be comfortable with Aberdeen spending on Pollock?

For me he's easily worth the 500k they paid for Porteous, plus whatever sell on they want 

I think he has a lower ceiling than Porteous.

A better meat and potatoes defender but Porteous is far my re comfortable on the ball and definitely quicker.

46 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

If Watford were willing to sell, how much would you be comfortable with Aberdeen spending on Pollock?

For me he's easily worth the 500k they paid for Porteous, plus whatever sell on they want 

Even if Watford were willing to sell him Pollock has already indicated he wants a move to another English Championship side. However speculating for fun, I'd happily see Aberdeen sign him for 600k. I'm confident in our ability as a club to sell players on for a profit. As mentioned above, my only issue with Pollock is he's slow. I suspect Jay Idezs will be his replacement. We actually need to sign 3 centre backs this summer. Although I'm excited to hear Milne impressing on his season long loan.

Regarding Liam Scales, I'd like to see us sign him permanently. He's a good player at this level and decent left backs/left sided centre backs are hard to come by. He's probably worth 500k plus add ons.

I suspect Clarkson will cost us 400k if we sign him permanently from Liverpool. Basing that on the Levitt/Dundee Utd deal.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

3 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

I like Matty Pollock, aside from seeming to be well-liked by his team-mates, he's your classic old school centre-back and his skill-set is well suited to the SPL, but his lack of pace would be badly exposed in European games. If he was interested in a move here, I wouldn't be offering Watford anything above £300K. Pollock needs to spend his summer out of the gym, and with a sprint coach. A decent speed coach could get him an extra couple of yards of pace he needs, because he's got everything else that's required to have a good career.

A few months ago I'd have happily driven Liam Scales back to Glasgow myself, but Robson & Agnew have sorted him out and if he's available for a reasonable fee, I'd gladly take him. But his form since February might have convinced Celtic that it's worth hanging onto him.

Clarkson on the other hand - if I were in charge of recruitment at Pittodrie I'd be doing all I could to get him back here next season. Ideally as a permanent signing, or at worst another loan move. There are lots of similarities between Clarkson and James Maddison, but in my opinion Clarkson has made more of an impact here that Maddison did, and he's got all the attributes to become a top, top player in the future.

6 hours ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

I like Matty Pollock, aside from seeming to be well-liked by his team-mates, he's your classic old school centre-back and his skill-set is well suited to the SPL, but his lack of pace would be badly exposed in European games. If he was interested in a move here, I wouldn't be offering Watford anything above £300K. Pollock needs to spend his summer out of the gym, and with a sprint coach. A decent speed coach could get him an extra couple of yards of pace he needs, because he's got everything else that's required to have a good career.

A few months ago I'd have happily driven Liam Scales back to Glasgow myself, but Robson & Agnew have sorted him out and if he's available for a reasonable fee, I'd gladly take him. But his form since February might have convinced Celtic that it's worth hanging onto him.

Clarkson on the other hand - if I were in charge of recruitment at Pittodrie I'd be doing all I could to get him back here next season. Ideally as a permanent signing, or at worst another loan move. There are lots of similarities between Clarkson and James Maddison, but in my opinion Clarkson has made more of an impact here that Maddison did, and he's got all the attributes to become a top, top player in the future.

Agree with some of that.

But £300k for Pollock is fanciful. No chance that’ll fly. 

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

£300k for Pollock is fanciful. No chance that’ll fly. 

No, I wouldn't expect to get him for that kind of fee. Players in the Championship go for stupid money anyway, but Watford's 'moneyball' business model almost certainly means they'll be looking for considerably more than that.

But I think that's roughly the level that a player similar to Pollock could be sourced from elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

But I think that's roughly the level that a player similar to Pollock could be sourced from elsewhere.

Maybe in playing ability but we'll struggle to find someone with the same attitude and desire to win as Pollock.

I also think his lack of pace would be exposed in Europe but his commitment to defending and building relationships with his teammates as shown up at Ross County, when he celebrated the win alongside MacDonald and Scales, is something we'll miss.

I'd love to see him back up here. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

With potentially 16 players set to leave the club where do we need to strengthen this window? What do others hope to see happen recruitment wise?

With Joe Lewis looking as if he's leaving, we need an experienced, decent goalkeeper who is happy to sit on the bench for an entire season but is good enough to come on if required. A bit like Celtic have with Scott Bain.