The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Absolutely delighted. Well done to Robson, Agnew and Fox.

Sounds like Clarkson is staying. Remains to be seen if its permanent or on loan. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Scales, Pollock, Clarkson and Shinnie all here next season.

Also hope Miovski is ok. That was a nasty challenge.

Shinnie will be the captain next season. 

I fear Miovski could miss the start of next season, that looked a really nasty one from where I was in the South Stand.

3 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Shinnie will be the captain next season. 

I fear Miovski could miss the start of next season, that looked a really nasty one from where I was in the South Stand.

He’s posted a picture with a boot on saying it’s not a fracture which is good. Hopefully not too serious.

Mental turnaround in the season.by Robson .fantastic achievement.

Big shout out to Ramadini,Bojan,Duk, Roos, been fantastic signings and bought right into the club. .This is massive for us and hopefully fans buy season tickets and club recruits much needed quality for battles ahead .

Will enjoy my summer . Oh UA been outstanding this season big shout out those young lads .changed Pittodrie big time .Looking forward to my trips.

Stand Free .. 

Can't quite believe we ended up third after how shite we were earlier in the season. 

Credit to the management and recruitment team for some of the players they've brought in. Duk's been an absolute joy to watch. Miovski and Roos have had some top moments and Ramadani's been good too. The two cbs plus Shinnie were exactly what we needed from the January window. Clarkson and Scales have also been great since then. 

Hopefully we're adding to these guys  more than replacing them over the summer.  

Now we just need Celtic not to spectacularly drop the ball n the cup. 

For those worried about how Robson will get on next season, contrast how he galvanised the team compared to how we got on with Goodwin at the end of last season. The management team have really shown they can get the players working well together.

It would be hilarious if hibs beat hearts to fourth. The only bad thing is that they might then not keep Naismith on.

I noticed Aberdeen started the game with 3 ex-The Caley players who were central to our most successful ever period (2010-2015), Messrs. Shinnie, Hayes and Watkins.

I guess it just shows you quality is permanent no matter who you play for.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I noticed Aberdeen started the game with 3 ex-The Caley players who were central to our most successful ever period (2010-2015), Messrs. Shinnie, Hayes and Watkins.

I guess it just shows you quality is permanent no matter who you play for.

Watkins didn't start the game last night, he replaced Miovski who was stretchered off.

Since he's come back from his injury Kelle Roos has unquestionably been the outstanding goalkeeper in the Premiership. I know a lot of fans didn't want him to replace Joe Lewis as number one, me included, by he has proved us all wrong and then some. My son said after the match last night that when Main was through one on one with Roos last night he knew that he was going to save it. That says everything. 

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Since he's come back from his injury Kelle Roos has unquestionably been the outstanding goalkeeper in the Premiership. I know a lot of fans didn't want him to replace Joe Lewis as number one, me included, by he has proved us all wrong and then some. My son said after the match last night that when Main was through one on one with Roos last night he knew that he was going to save it. That says everything. 

Agreed. I wasn’t convinced in the first half of the season but he’s really kicked on. 

Wont get the credit he deserves, the point against hibs is down to him and why we’re celebrating today and not nervous. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

He has been brilliant recently in fairness to him. His kicking isn't the best but overall he has been solid. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agreed. I wasn’t convinced in the first half of the season but he’s really kicked on. 

Wont get the credit he deserves, the point against hibs is down to him and why we’re celebrating today and not nervous. 

I still think Gorter is the better keeper but with no chance of him signing permanently it was correct to go with Roos.