The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

McGinn is nowhere near average, he's a cracking player that lacks consistency. He'll be missed if he does go, particularly in January, because the replacements in Pawlett, Burns & Storey aren't anywhere near his level. McInnes hasn't got a great track record for signings either so I'd be worried he'll not be able to replace McGinn. 

3 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I think the temptation of a payday in England could push McGinn away, would be a loss to the club but I can understand why he might want to give it a go.

Of course you can understand why he wants to move to a much bigger club. yXAbrOQ.png

1 hour ago, StandFree03 said:

Aw look, Paulos come out of hiding :lol:

Imagine actually believing what you post. yXAbrOQ.png

1 hour ago, gudge1903 said:

probably just wants a break from early european starts. hasnt had a break in a few years so going to hearts will give him a breather at the end of season and some league cup group games to get him ticking over. if he does go id imagine it will be tight fight between hearts and tommy wrights st johnstone for 4th . my money would be on the experienced wright when he gets his usual bargain or two in.

The **** are going to canter to the treble so fourth spot will get Europe - might be useful for Aberdeen if their squad is torn apart this month. yXAbrOQ.png

42 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Don't think Aberdeen should break the bank on a very average player like McGinn. McGinn gives us balance in the team but at times he looks like he isn't giving 100% and for the majority of this season has been dreadful.

I always thought he would be looking at a last big move but would be surprised if he picked Hearts over Aberdeen as their turnover isn't near Aberdeen and there is a doubt over new management team going with the performance against Aberdeen.

I'm more concerned at losing our 3 best players on this transfer window (Hayes, Rooney or Lewis)

Our turnover will soon put yours to shame, gadgey. yXAbrOQ.png

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Agree with much of what's been said, McGinn has had a great stint with us, delighted to have had him so long and I can't grudge him a big move.

I would grudge him a clear step down to hearts though. A talent like that would be wasted at a yo-yo hammer throwing outfit.

yXAbrOQ.png

Wouldn't want to lose McGinn. He's ace. Particularly to Hearts. I would be severely bothered if he went there. Wouldn't blame him though, if the contract was significantly better, it would make sense to move on.
He's been top 5 attackers in the league for some time now. No doubt. A cracking player.

No shock Paulo is hanging about like a bad smell, desperate to get one over Aberdeen. His sad little life revolves around trying to get one over Aberdeen, desperately crying himself to sleep every night when he can't.

As for Niall McGinn, I've been resigned to losing him for about a month. The lad's agent has been constantly tweeting about his importance to Aberdeen, desperate to get McGinn noticed. He'll be 30 come summer, meaning this is his last real chance for a lucrative move.

If he does move to Hearts, it's a sidewards move. But Hearts will offer a 3 year deal, something which Aberdeen are very unlikely to do for a player 30 or over, and rightly so, as you never know when their legs will give out. Given McGinn's 3 years without a break, I suspect it will be sooner rather than later in his case. If that's his reason to move, longer term security, that's understandable, albeit Hearts wouldn't be an improvement on Aberdeen.

If McGinn's reason for leaving is down to less game time played this season, he's truly more thick than he already seems. Last season, he played every week after no time off in the summer and his form collapsed from late September 2015 onwards, as he was clearly knackered. Frustrating though it is for the lad, and supporters, the extended break he has had recently has resulted in three good performances from him, something not seen for a while. To me, McInnes and his sports science team deserve huge credit for managing McGinn's physical condition superbly well. It did lead to a poor run of results but that is pressure McInnes must be prepared to take.

He's likely to go, it is imperative that Del has a proper replacement up his sleeve. Up to now, his wide signings of Monakana, Burns and Wylde have truly been rotten. It is important that McGinn is replaced by a quality player and not one of McInnes's English diddy league St Johnstone era scouting loan deals.

1 hour ago, StandFree03 said:

While you're here and seemingly got time to post, what about our charity bet? You keep slithering off when I ask you about it.

I assumed he was acting the shitebag about that because he was operating on the terms that we didn't finish exactly 20 points behind, even though that's the way he worded it. I only just realised that we only finished 17 points behind them last season, he lost his bet(s) even after he reworded it to decrease the likelihood of him losing.

What a sad, sad individual. No wonder he's slithering off when pressed on it.

Edited by Louis Litt

7 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

What if McGinn wants to play infront of full houses every week in a beautiful city instead of 10 seagulls in an derelict oil field? 

As evidenced on Friday night, you could pack Tynecastle with as many fans as you want and it would still be a library full of fat, red-faced roasters,

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-fan-who-architect-stunning-9555454

It does seem a bit heavy handed but why is every Ultras/fans group full of people who seem to want nothing more than everyone telling them how great they are?

ETA - I misread the article and thought he'd been banned, hence the heavy handed comment.  It isn't heavy handed.  He is puffing himself up.

Edited by ICTChris

3 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

Rooney better than McGinn:lol: Rooney has scored 4 league goals from open play this season and even that is generous considering one was the rebound from a missed penalty:rolleyes: McGinn has scored 6 from open play before you even consider what else he offers considering he is a winger. I know which player I would rather keep.

If you want to go with stats then McGinn has only 4 assists in 2016, that is very poor for a wide player. We all know Rooney limitations outside the box but you can't ignore a 1 goal in 2 games (includes subs appearances).

3 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I wouldn't describe McGinn as average. He will be very difficult to replace when he does leave.

Yes i'm wrong saying he's very average player but he's not the wonder player some are making out and as a wide player hasn't had a good 2016 in terms of assists although scored a few (I Don't think he is good enough to be a striker upfront alone)

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-fan-who-architect-stunning-9555454

It does seem a bit heavy handed but why is every Ultras/fans group full of people who seem to want nothing more than everyone telling them how great they are?

ETA - I misread the article and thought he'd been banned, hence the heavy handed comment.  It isn't heavy handed.  He is puffing himself up.

Jesus wept. 

Some people. 

Was he not complaining after the cup final about something or other and saying he wouldn't be back then? Fairly sure he's said these things before.

58 minutes ago, betting competition said:

If you want to go with stats then McGinn has only 4 assists in 2016, that is very poor for a wide player. We all know Rooney limitations outside the box but you can't ignore a 1 goal in 2 games (includes subs appearances).

Yes i'm wrong saying he's very average player but he's not the wonder player some are making out and as a wide player hasn't had a good 2016 in terms of assists although scored a few (I Don't think he is good enough to be a striker upfront alone)

I've never really understood this argument. He played up front on his own a lot under Brown, and scored all kinds of goals. It's always seemed strange to me that at various points McInnes has used virtually everyone up front other than McGinn.

8 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I've never really understood this argument. He played up front on his own a lot under Brown, and scored all kinds of goals. It's always seemed strange to me that at various points McInnes has used virtually everyone up front other than McGinn.

Has played upfront a few times for us under McInnes mostly at the start of his management but also a few times last season when Rooney was injured and Church wasn't good enough. I think he is too lightweight upfront on his own

3 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

No shock Paulo is hanging about like a bad smell, desperate to get one over Aberdeen. His sad little life revolves around trying to get one over Aberdeen, desperately crying himself to sleep every night when he can't.

eMlO2Ay.png

2 hours ago, AberDon said:

As evidenced on Friday night, you could pack Tynecastle with as many fans as you want and it would still be a library full of fat, red-faced roasters,

One of those libraries filled with loud, angry people.

We've seen this all before so nothing new. If McGinn is offered a better deal elsewhere why shouldn't he take it? Three years is possibly better than our offer and it might be for more money in addition. He's a Celtic fan so doesn't care where he plays if it's not at his version of Paradise. Having said all of that I'd prefer he stay, with us.