The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

So MacKenzie is suspended for the final.  I suppose we can keep the same formation and play Hayes at LWB, or go four at the back and play Jensen at left-back.  Not sure of any other reasonable option? (notwithstanding possible injuries between now and then)

McGarry? 

2 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Maybe, though it sounded like he was a long way from returning.  Mind you, there are 6 weeks til the final.

I hadn't heard anything since it was 6-8 weeks when he first got injured. Sure we've had Duncan at LWB this season too but not sure that's better than Hayes. 

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Looking at Ferguson, hilarious looking back and remembering a lot of Sevco fans didn't think he was good enough for them.

Loads on this site said he wasn't as good as Ali McCann and Allan Campbell.

Who can forget the Lewis Ferguson v Greg Docherty 'debate' of circa 2019/20?

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Looking at Ferguson, hilarious looking back and remembering a lot of Sevco fans didn't think he was good enough for them.

Loads on this site said he wasn't as good as Ali McCann and Allan Campbell.

I recently saw a St Mirren fan say that Mark O’Hara would be a better option for Scotland than Ferguson.

49 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I recently saw a St Mirren fan say that Mark O’Hara would be a better option for Scotland than Ferguson.

There was another saying the former is worth over £1m. Which, whilst still laughable, is a severe tugging in from last season Bacchus being worth double and treble that.

(I'm not 100% positive, but certain the club accepted £250k for him).

They're mental cases buy with them doing relatively well they seem to have stopped their preposterous nonsense. Which makes it more bewildering.

8 hours ago, Kempes said:

Was good to hear Theo Snelders on Radio Scotland this am. One of my favourite ever keepers, and I enjoyed going to see him thwart the OF when the Dons were in town.

Excellent interview with Theo and Paul Mason on RedTV. 

2 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Making sliding tackles with your head is enough for a multimillion pound move imo.

two things made me chuckle. 

1) Ruby making Barron & Clarkson look like his naughty school children 

2) Miovski taking the piss out of Polvara for his blessing himself in the build up to our goal on Saturday 

On 06/11/2023 at 12:16, O_Kahn said:

Maybe, though it sounded like he was a long way from returning.  Mind you, there are 6 weeks til the final.

Right enough, McGarry was back training in the clips released yesterday.  The position might be his to lose for Hampden.

15 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Right enough, McGarry was back training in the clips released yesterday.  The position might be his to lose for Hampden.

McGarry is too much of a wannabe trickster from what I've seen of him so far. Could be entertaining further up the pitch where Duk has been "playing" but not sure I trust him in defence in a cup final tbh 

12 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

McGarry is too much of a wannabe trickster from what I've seen of him so far. Could be entertaining further up the pitch where Duk has been "playing" but not sure I trust him in defence in a cup final tbh 

McGarry's a weird one. He's got an absolute worldy in him...but aye, not completely sold on his defending at this level.

4 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

It’s him or Hayes for LWB, presuming Robson sticks with his 3 centre halves.

i’d rather it was McGarry of those two. 
Hayes defending isn’t great - the most recent example the PAOK equaliser 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

We still have plenty of time for both McGarry and Hayes to play themselves either in or out of the team for that game even if Mackenzie plays the majority of minutes in that position between now and then, but I agree with others that I need to see more from McGarry defensively before I'm entirely convinced.