The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Fee agreed for Dave’s Thursday night exclusive Ibane Bowat, looks like serious clubs interested too, personal terms to be agreed according to the Record. Things coming together nicely if these 2 deals mentioned this week come off 

😂

that was classic Drivetime, although the last time he done it, it came to nothing.

Thats terrific cash for Miovski, good to see Aberdeen getting what hes worth.

I am sure an offer from Celtic or Rangers would have been be around 30% of that figure.................

9 minutes ago, Sammons Pizzeria said:

Deal worth £6.8 for Mivoski, class to see the club hold out for what he’s worth. Where does he rank in terms of strikers you’ve seen grace Pittodrie? 

In terms of ability, the best since Gillhaus - who for those less familiar, was signed from the European champions having played in the final, and also played three matches in Italia 90 whilst with AFC (alongside Van Basten, Rijkaard, Koeman and Gullit).

Scott Booth, Duncan Shearer, Arild Stavrum and Adam Rooney would all get honourable mentions in that period (I don't regard Eoin J as an out and out striker) - but I think Bojan has the ability to go very far in the game, as proved by the fact that a fair amount of his goals have been in big games against bigger teams.

In fact I will now probably adopt Girona as my La Liga team if this all goes through - watching them play somewhere sounds like an excuse for some winter sun.

10 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

In fact I will now probably adopt Girona as my La Liga team if this all goes through - watching them play somewhere sounds like an excuse for some winter sun.

Plus they play in red and white so makes perfect sense.

15 minutes ago, tarapoa said:.

I’ve already looked at the fixture list with this in mind, as I did when Bologna was going to be his destination. 

6 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

Plus they play in red and white so makes perfect sense.

I expect there will be a few Girona shirts with Miovski on the back gracing the local 5-aside pitches in the coming months.

It's design is what I would describe as 'snazzy'.

Girona.jpg

I love Bojan and he is clearly the best striker I have seen at Pittodrie since my first game in 2002/03 (I think), but it is some step up in quality for him - basically going from a bottom half Scottish Premiership team last season to the third best team in La Liga. Genuinely interested to see how he copes with that - obviously hope he does well because he is so likeable and has been so good for us, but I thought there might be an intermediate move for him between us and ending up somewhere like Girona.

52 minutes ago, Sammons Pizzeria said:

Deal worth £6.8 for Mivoski, class to see the club hold out for what he’s worth. Where does he rank in terms of strikers you’ve seen grace Pittodrie? 

A tough one for me; not quite on the same level as Harper or McDougall, but I'd place him alongside Shearer, Nicholas, Black, and Gillhaus.

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think the detail of the £7m suggests around 4 up front with the potential for 7 plus sell-on 

That's it I believe, 4.7 € or £4.1 million, I don't know why they're mentioning £6.8 million which is just what the deal potentially could be worth.

I don't suppose we'll know the conditions that have to be met before the deal reaches £6.8 whether they'll be individual targets, team achievements or a mixture of the two?

And if there also a sell-on percentage included in the deal?

I don't blame the club; however, I can't help but feel in deals like this, Lewis Ferguson and Ramadani that we aren't getting true value up front but to improve that we need to qualify for Europe so our players have a platform to prove their talent at a higher level.