The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Have I missed something? Thats quite a post to say he’s going to post on twitter less. 

I had presumed he was south of sober when he wrote this latest piece. It seems kind of needless otherwise.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

I had presumed he was south of sober when he wrote this latest piece. It seems kind of needless otherwise.

This gets levelled at him a lot, but does he not publicly state that he’s T total? 

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What's your verdict on oor Dave? I like him, and think he's been a positive influence - on balance - about the place.

Good on balance so far. I like the attention seeking  in the media. Even people calling him a fanny are getting engaged.   I don’t know how much credit he can take for increased attendances; I think they’re up at most clubs. 

My worry is that we rely on him underwriting losses with soft loans and he could  Mileson us at any moment. It’s probably not existential but it would hurt. 

Biggest mistake-nepotistic hiring of Glass

Biggest success- last season’s full kit w****r photo

35 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What's your verdict on oor Dave? I like him, and think he's been a positive influence - on balance - about the place.

I'm now starting to come around full circle with 'Data Dave'.

Initially he was a breath of fresh air after Stewarty Milne, but the utter, utter shambles of the Glass / Goodwin / Robson / Warnock years had me severely doubting his judgement.

But whether it's a coincidence or not *, the clubs fortunes have taken an upward swing at the same time as we've heard a lot less from him recently. Is that because he's taken a slight step back in some of the decision-making processes and allowed Burrows to get on with it?

* It almost certainly is just coincidence.

Edited by Enrico Pallazzo

Hard not to like him. 

Clearly loves the club and the big picture vision is ambitious and really positive. I think history will show that moving on from the mcinnes model (the approach to footballing department as a whole, not just the man) will prove correct. 

His failings have been in the clumsy implementation, I’ve said before I felt we tried to do too much too quickly overhauling the structure with inexperience at every level (glass/gunn/cormack himself), including Dave himself. I can forgive that in the main because I think it’s a symptom of being positive and ambitious which is often lacking in Scottish football. 

We appear to be getting closer to a more sensible model where he sets out a vision for the club and he has experienced people implementing it (thelin/burrows). 

35 minutes ago, coprolite said:

My worry is that we rely on him underwriting losses with soft loans and he could  Mileson us at any moment. It’s probably not existential but it would hurt. 

This is definitely a concern. The player trading model is bold but risky and hard to see you how sustain it over a period of several years without growing the revenue base in the background. I don’t know how we achieve that if I’m honest. 

Agreed with a lot of what’s posted above, if he’s taking a backseat and not interfering, letting Burrows and Thelin get on with it then that’s how it should be. Some of the off-field work the club has done under his ownership has been first class, the community trust work, the new training facilities, the statue of Fergie and the whole Gothenburg 40th anniversary celebrations. 

The real challenge now is what are we going to do about Pittodrie / a new stadium and where is the funding going to come from. The council redevelopment of the beach is on hold - which is no surprise because they’re f**king skint. I just don’t see where the money is coming from for a new stadium short of some die hard Aberdeen fan winning the euro millions. 

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is definitely a concern. The player trading model is bold but risky and hard to see you how sustain it over a period of several years without growing the revenue base in the background. I don’t know how we achieve that if I’m honest. 

European group stage football on a regular basis & a minimum of £5m-£6m would do it, but given our national co-efficient is dropping like a stone, that is highly unlikely.

Edited by Thenorthernlight

I like 'day-tah' Dave, but let's not kid ourselves, his tenure to date has been a bit of a shyt-show on the field.

I've never hated an Aberdeen team, as much as I did that Glass, cluster-fvk team, with the racist's friend as captain!  (NB: I saw the teams of Alex 'fvkkin' Miller, Aitken, the '95 team, uncle Ebbe [I liked] and the nadir of the Dingus as manager fiasco [who I wanted to get as manager]).

On the other side of the coin, I've loved some of Aberdeen's initiatives.  I'm particularly pleased with the Red Shed, stuff.  It's encouraged a new passionate, younger generation of fans, that I thought we were losing to the EPL etc.

The absolute scenes at the end of the County game, were terrific IMHO.

Yours, 'sit-doon-min'

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This gets levelled at him a lot, but does he not publicly state that he’s T total? 

I think the issue with Cormack is he couldn’t separate from being a fan bit being a chairman first.

Your typical older gentleman on social media really. I do wonder if someone has said to him for his own sake.  

The man is a genius. Increased  crowds, season ticket holders, dna members, business partners, sponsors, hospitality  and record player sales so therefore revenue all while the team has been mediocre and won nothing. Now he has potentially a proper manager and an increased revenue stream to help him win some thing. 
All we need now is Celtic to have a blip 🙏

I’m not sure that posting less on social media, especially since he hasn’t posted much recently anyway, demanded a post of that length, but each to their own.

My favourite part of it is the replies, fans earnestly commenting like he had announced he was standing down as Chairman or something: ‘Thanks so much Dave, absolute legend ❤️❤️’ and suchlike.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think it has it's limitations.  Aberdeen have to be careful that they don't pay ever increasing fees and wages and not find a gem. 

Banking some of the transfer fees rather than taking bigger gambles would be far more prudent and could see the club surviving without directors underwriting losses.

Edited by strichener

19 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

The man is a genius. Increased  crowds, season ticket holders, dna members, business partners, sponsors, hospitality  and record player sales so therefore revenue all while the team has been mediocre and won nothing. Now he has potentially a proper manager and an increased revenue stream to help him win some thing. 
All we need now is Celtic to have a blip 🙏

Hopefully some of those d1cks that went off with a petted lip to Cove and their corporate friendly setup (in a soulles industrial park) are now questioning the wisdom of their ways.

On another note - Data Dave is thinking of employing this guy to help the AFC Legal team in their current predicament.

Edited by tarapoa