The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Sunday Post reporting that Jack will have a medical at Ibrox "within the next 72 hours", and the Sunday Mail reporting that it's a "don deal" (see what they've done there?). It does seem somewhat of an inevitability now, but we will have to wait and see. I'm sure he'll get an interesting reception at Pittodrie next season if the move does go through. 

I don't know the rules but as he is still our player why would we allow another team to perform a medical on him?

As he's still under contract until 31st May and we have a major game next week then the chances of 72 hours looks like traynor bs

Despite some patchy form over the years Jack has been a good servant for the Dons, not ideal to lose him but I always suspected he'd head to Sevco at some point as he comes from a family that supported the previous carnation 

Naturally, I hope he crashes and burns there but I'm sure he'll be decent player for them 

Edited by Guest

Are there a lot of Celtic/Rangers fans in Aberdeen itself? Growing up in Aberdeenshire there were a handful of old firm fans but the majority of football fans supported the Dons. I wonder if there are more, proportionately, fans of the old firm from Aberdeen itself than the towns surrounding the city or vice versa.

Though I do recall someone telling me once that the most popular team in Aberdeen are Manchester United.

I had a few **** at my school with the odd Celtic fan here and there 

Always found it was comfortably 80% Aberdeen fans though 

A lot of OF fans in Aberdeen have never set foot in Ibrox or Parkhead

There was heaps of Rangers fans in my area when I was a kid, 4 in my block alone. This was in the Souness/Smith era, all glory hunters! I know at least 1 now is a season ticket holder at Pittodrie! No Celtic fans and 1 Dee (wonder who that was?)

Most Dons fans at school were Man Utd fans too. But if you asked, it was never because of Fergie :rolleyes: