The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, RiG said:

"Fee agreed" :lol:

There was a lot of similar stuff going on re: Moult that picked up a bizarre amount of traction among Aberdeen fans.

I'm genuinely not sure whether the "Summer Transfer Rumours" thread on AFC Chat is searing meta-humour or a collection of the most utterly gullible folk going.

14 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I took his statement to mean that we have no more money for transfer fees.

That said, not convinced by Meekings. I think we're fine at centre back imo, and a left back should be the main target.

Budget to me has always included wages - I be very surprised if we make another signing.

I think Meekings will be made up by certain fans as a wind-up! If Aberdeen was interested in him they would have already signed him as been a free agent since June 

Edited by Milners

16 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I took his statement to mean that we have no more money for transfer fees.

That said, not convinced by Meekings. I think we're fine at centre back imo, and a left back should be the main target.

Left-back will depend on whether Harvie genuinely has a chance of making the breakthrough, following McInnes stating he was 'delighted' with how he performed at Dumbarton last season.  I notice Harvie has been in just about every squad so far this season, albeit never made it off the bench yet.

I think McKenna and Storie will be moved on, maybe permanently, and would expect to see defensive cover signed - maybe a loanee from down south or a free agent.

Meekings did have a spell where he was a tough nut to crack in a decent Inverness side, but hasn't he been badly injured since?  Looking at some of the early highlights, maybe Taylor hasn't been properly replaced yet, as for all his faults, he tended to win his fair share of basic headers from set pieces and we already look susceptible to losing a few softer goals this time round unless we get more physical presence in there.

34 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Left-back will depend on whether Harvie genuinely has a chance of making the breakthrough, following McInnes stating he was 'delighted' with how he performed at Dumbarton last season.  I notice Harvie has been in just about every squad so far this season, albeit never made it off the bench yet.

I think McKenna and Storie will be moved on, maybe permanently, and would expect to see defensive cover signed - maybe a loanee from down south or a free agent.

Meekings did have a spell where he was a tough nut to crack in a decent Inverness side, but hasn't he been badly injured since?  Looking at some of the early highlights, maybe Taylor hasn't been properly replaced yet, as for all his faults, he tended to win his fair share of basic headers from set pieces and we already look susceptible to losing a few softer goals this time round unless we get more physical presence in there.

Storie nae doubt. I've a pal who's a Buddie and he said he failed to make an impression there. McKenna I'm not so sure about. He's definitely got the physique, and from what I've seen of him I like his aggressive style. I think he could become the 'Gentile' in a future defensive partnership, then we'd just need to find the Scirea. Extend his contract and punt him out on loan again I reckon.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Storie nae doubt. I've a pal who's a Buddie and he said he failed to make an impression there. McKenna I'm not so sure about. He's definitely got the physique, and from what I've seen of him I like his aggressive style. I think he could become the 'Gentile' in a future defensive partnership, then we'd just need to find the Scirea. Extend his contract and punt him out on loan again I reckon.

On McKenna - I go on the feedback from my Ayr mate, who said he was a disappointment there last season in a team that finished bottom of the second tier - said there was nothing to suggest he was a standout coming from the top flight.   Think he preferred Michael Rose, who we'd released the previous summer.

50 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

On McKenna - I go on the feedback from my Ayr mate, who said he was a disappointment there last season in a team that finished bottom of the second tier - said there was nothing to suggest he was a standout coming from the top flight.   Think he preferred Michael Rose, who we'd released the previous summer.

Hard to tell with the kids, but McInnes has been pretty much spot on with the young lads he's punted, so I guess we'll just have to trust him. Even Shaughnessy who's done well at St. Johnstone, if we're realistic, will never be more than a good Premiership player. He'll never be at a level to take us where we want to go. Same goes for Cammy Smith.

If any city would take to a shiny new stadium, its surely Aberdeen. The city of Union Square, of the oil industry's indulgence and posh cars and brand-name, franchises on every street corner. Surely to f**k the people of Aberdeen would respond to having a comfy seat, a posh driveway, a fucking cafe at their stadium. 

It looks great, and the shuttle bus promise sounds great, although a rail link would be fucking magic. You've got to hope that the plans will win out in the end. 

The closer it gets, the less I want this application to be accepted. The stadium looks nice and the facilities are a huge upgrade but the transport plan is still a huge worry. 103 buses needed for the vast majority of home games is mental. Based on the quoted fee in the planning application, that's £50,000 per match on home games, who's going to pay for that? If the club foot the bill then that's approximately £1mil per season spent on buses. Would thousands of supporters be willing to spend £5+ on top of their ticket price to sit on a bus for 30 mins+ to and from each home game?

The main reason people have got on board with this is because Milne has neglected Pittodrie and the training facilities situation over a period of 20 years to the extent where moving the stadium 6 miles out of town seem like an appealing option.

That being said, the No Kingsford group can go f*ck themselves.

I hope the cooncil call his bluff, just to see him crying again.

"Aberdeen FC chairman Stewart Milne has warned the club faces playing European games in Glasgow or Edinburgh in future.

He was talking at a campaign launch to support a new stadium to replace Pittodrie, which he said will soon not meet the criteria to host Uefa games"

I hope the cooncil call his bluff, just to see him crying again.

"Aberdeen FC chairman Stewart Milne has warned the club faces playing European games in Glasgow or Edinburgh in future.

He was talking at a campaign launch to support a new stadium to replace Pittodrie, which he said will soon not meet the criteria to host Uefa games"

See him crying?

Has someone cupped their ears at him? Maybe he'll get reported to the police.