The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

16 hours ago, d31 said:

the winner is seeded in R3 so thats a big prize to play for.

Burnley don't score a lot of goals so DM will hatch a plan based on that.

This will be the first ticket scramble post AberDNA so it should be entertaining. 

Season ticket with DNA = your in

otherwise = you'll be lucky

Safe to say any non season ticket holders wont get a look in

Bet there is a few people in the next few days subscribing to the AberDNA. 

We took 6K to Atletico Madrid and 5k to Bayern Munich but this is Burnley so I don't expect the demand to be as high as those even though logistically easier to get to.   It wouldn't surprise me if non-season ticket holders will be able to get tickets but I do think those without tickets won't travel as they will be able to cancel hotels and not take the car as planned.  

The Ticket office made a major error with the points for Cyprus last season thinking the demand wouldn't be high so I hope they don't make that mistake again as generally the points system works perfect in the last 3 seasons. I think the people that tend to moan about the points system is those that used to go all the time but don't go anymore.  

I'm not completely wetting the bed as I think we'll get more than a few more signings in yet but I would say its the weakest overall squad DM has had on the first day of pre-season (tomorrow morning) in his time.

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'm not completely wetting the bed as I think we'll get more than a few more signings in yet but I would say its the weakest overall squad DM has had on the first day of pre-season (tomorrow morning) in his time.

Last season our 4 strikers contributed the grand total of 14 goals between them.....and 4(?) of them were penalties. 

It would be suicidal to begin a new season with the same set of forwards. 

7 minutes ago, starryfish said:

On what do you base your assertion that McGeough was McInnes’ number one target?

The basis that we started speaking to him in January and offered him a very good salary?

You could argue it was Gleeson I suppose since they've said negotiations were on for two months and he watched the last game of the season.

The basis that we started speaking to him in January and offered him a very good salary?
You could argue it was Gleeson I suppose since they've said negotiations were on for two months and he watched the last game of the season.

I didn’t realise we had started negotiations back in January

10 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I didn’t realise we had started negotiations back in January

It'll be a fair blow. They were pushing hard and under the impression we thought we had a good chance.

£££ for someone else though 

11 hours ago, starryfish said:

On what do you base your assertion that McGeough was McInnes’ number one target?

So Alan Nixon of the Sun is saying we are still pushing for him despite him having had a medical for Sunderland. I think it's an absolutely fair assumption he's DM's top target this summer

32 minutes ago, d31 said:

So Alan Nixon of the Sun is saying we are still pushing for him despite him having had a medical for Sunderland. I think it's an absolutely fair assumption he's DM's top target this summer

i dont.  . been down this route before papers ken f**k all