The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Regardless of whether Dons title challenge falls flat on its face or not I think Aberdeen are heading towards 80 points this season.

If a third team can get as much as that then absolutely brilliant and good luck to them. Dont think its even happened before - what points did rangers and hearts get the George Burley year?

Seen this earlier:

Last 10 games, @AberdeenFC has most points (26) & best goal difference (+17) of any team in @spfl. That'll be our 'bottle' gone, then. #COYR

Aye, thats what makes me laugh and why I had to text Chick the other night.

Ferben says Celtic are flying right now.

Chick says Celtic look amazing and will win the league as comfortably as he always knew they would.

MSM creaming themselves over Victim FC unbeaten run and clean sheet record.....

So what about AFC, lets see.....

Unbeaten in 12 League games

Only 2 defeats in 20 league games

In those 20 games, W15 D3 L2

13 clean sheets in 17 games for Scott Brown

No we want them to give a good account of themselves on Thursday so they have to go all in for the second leg with aforementioned blood bath, a few days before they play us.

They can give a good account of themselves and whilst still losing an important player to injury though. I agree that it would be best they have it all to play for a week thursday

It's because he's Catholic.

That's how it works, right?

Even if it was, Collum is a catholic ref who teaches RE at a catholic school and got telt to stop having a cross dangling from the end of his whistle. So, on this occasion, no.

More likely because he's a ginge.

First off, I will say that I will never think that there is any conspiracy against Aberdeen, or in fact any Scottish team, by match officials.

In the last three Aberdeen matches we have had seven game changing, non debatable, decisions go against us, with a further two highly debatable huge decisions on top of these. Also three huge decisions in the two matches with Celtic this season.

I presume that this means that, on the law of averages, we will get everything going at Celtic Park on 1st March.

Am I being too optimistic?

First off, I will say that I will never think that there is any conspiracy against Aberdeen, or in fact any Scottish team, by match officials.

In the last three Aberdeen matches we have had seven game changing, non debatable, decisions go against us, with a further two highly debatable huge decisions on top of these. Also three huge decisions in the two matches with Celtic this season.

I presume that this means that, on the law of averages, we will get everything going at Celtic Park on 1st March.

Am I being too optimistic?

Lets be honest most refs will support either Rangers or Celtic that is just the way it is. Fergie was clever in the 80's to point out we didn't get decisions and I sometimes wish McInnes should actually say something to the media as well about decisions seem to go against us.

The only difference between us and Celtic this season is the games we have played them as with the games against other teams we are 3 pts better off with them playing a game less. I suppose the 1st game we was dreadful for 60 minutes and really that is more our downfall to that game but we should have had a pen. 2nd game they had Scott Brown sent off which to be honest the 2nd booking was soft, but they got lucky getting two corners for the winner goal but we should still should be able to defend a set-piece though.

Edited by Milners

Lets be honest most refs will support either Rangers or Celtic that is just the way it is. Fergie was clever in the 80's to point out we didn't get decisions and I sometimes wish McInnes should actually say something to the media as well about decisions seem to go against us.

The only difference between us and Celtic this season is the games we have played them as with the games against other teams we are 3 pts better off with them playing a game less. I suppose the 1st game we was dreadful for 60 minutes and really that is more our downfall to that game but we should have had a pen. 2nd game they had Scott Brown sent off which to be honest the 2nd booking was soft, but they got lucky getting two corners for the winner goal but we should still should be able to defend a set-piece though.

[/quote

You make fair points there, but I'm not saying that referees are out to get us, just that we have had some huge decisions against us in various games this season. It doesn't help when we don't defend properly, but likewise, it doesn't help when obvious decisions go against us. At Celtic Park this season, at 1.1, we should have had a penalty for handball, and that was nothing to do with our poor play.

You make fair points there, but I'm not saying that referees are out to get us, just that we have had some huge decisions against us in various games this season. It doesn't help when we don't defend properly, but likewise, it doesn't help when obvious decisions go against us. At Celtic Park this season, at 1.1, we should have had a penalty for handball, and that was nothing to do with our poor play.

Our management team last season at the black and gold meeting said the Refs are the worst standard they can remember.