3-1 v Motherwell
0-3 v Celtic
2-1 v Hearts
3-2 v Hearts
3-0 v Ross County
1-1 v St Johnstone
1-1 v Hibs
0-4 v Celtic

Just the four home league wins from thirteen games in 2019 - only a couple of clean sheets amongst them, too. We have mostly carried the belief under McInnes that, even if we get battered by Celtic (and now Rangers), we would easily take care of the dross nine times out of ten. You look at some of the teams that we have failed to beat at Pittodrie on that list, though - St Mirren (needed penalties to avoid relegation), Hamilton, Livingston, this season's St Johnstone, Paul Heckingbottom's Hibs. Some of the draws were fortunate not to be defeats, if we're being brutally honest. It's not quite Hearts at Tynecastle, but it's grim reading. It's not just a case of a few bad weeks, either; it's at risk of becoming fairly commonplace now. 

If the team is being instructed to play the way they have been at Pittodrie for a while, it obviously isn't working and needs to change. People say the turgid style of play is worth it for good results, but there are just too many times recently where the ends haven't been justifying the means. The vast majority of players looked completely deflated and lacking in any desire or motivation yesterday. Many were clearly confused about what they were supposed to be doing, which unfortunately isn't the first time I've seen that even this season. It was pretty pathetic to watch. 

19 hours ago, big al said:

If you aren’t willing to press your opponent, tackle your opponent and at the right times foul your opponent to stop dangerous situations arising then you shouldn’t be playing at this level.

Based on today that means we need a completely new team.

it was alike b(h)oys against girls such was the difference physically and mentally.

Bit like Saturday?

Edited by Aberdeen Cowden
Typo

45 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

mulumbu coming in to save the day

Seen O’Neil being mentioned again too. Seems a strange one. By this point just about everyone would be fit to play by the time they are.

Also is Hedges in the bad books now? Two games as an unused sub seems a bit off?

7 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Seen O’Neil being mentioned again too. Seems a strange one. By this point just about everyone would be fit to play by the time they are.

Also is Hedges in the bad books now? Two games as an unused sub seems a bit off?

Heard Hedges had a knock last week but no idea about yesterday.

I’m conflicted about McInnes. I know I am far more patient than most though. I think it’s fairer to judge managers on longer periods of time rather than beings prisoners of the moment. It’s hard to be objective when it’s your team but if I read about the job McInnes had done in some random European country by another manager I think I’d be laughing at him being sacked. Saying that the manner of our defeats to the old firm are the biggest gripe I have and think it’s fair to hold that against him. 

I normally (in a quite cringeworthy think I know about football way but really probably don’t) have some idea in my head as to what I think we could do. I’m at an absolute loss though and it looks more psychological than anything else. It feels like what we need is to not concede/ride our luck/be solid for the first 20/25 minutes so the players actually believe they can compete. They looked absolutely beaten on Sunday before it started. 

There is absolutely no point in replacing McInnes like for like with somebody like Steve Robinson, especially given the compo/outlay.

You just know that’s what Milne would do though.

If we’re going to make a change we should go all out. See a good few English Championship/League 1 clubs have foreign (usually German) head coaches and seem to have success - this’d surely be an easy way to broaden our horizons in terms of scouting/contacts too you’d think.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to casting the net further afield when the time comes, but I'd be concerned that Cormack would hire the fitness coach from Atlanta United 2 or something. 

If he did, we could have ten other puppies chasing crisp packets for 90mins to keep JG company....

There is absolutely no point in replacing McInnes like for like with somebody like Steve Robinson, especially given the compo/outlay.

You just know that’s what Milne would do though.

If we’re going to make a change we should go all out. See a good few English Championship/League 1 clubs have foreign (usually German) head coaches and seem to have success - this’d surely be an easy way to broaden our horizons in terms of scouting/contacts too you’d think.
The percentave of Football League Teams that hire managers from abroad and it actually work out is very very low. Yes there have been successes (Farke at Norwich, Wagner at Huddersfield, Nuno at Wolves etc) but my god the amount of dross and subsequent change around that there has been in those leagues is huge.

I think everybody would want fight with the old firm, but it is impossible, aberdeen has lost year by year their best players, and finally every years go to pre-europe, I am sure there isnt a manager better than mcinness for you, although the years "wear down" a manager in the same team..... It is said that the supports need "new faces"

If you want we can change him for craig levein....xd

49 minutes ago, McGarci said:

I think everybody would want fight with the old firm, but it is impossible, aberdeen has lost year by year their best players, and finally every years go to pre-europe, I am sure there isnt a manager better than mcinness for you, although the years "wear down" a manager in the same team..... It is said that the supports need "new faces"

If you want we can change him for craig levein....xd

Based on what?