The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

O'Donnell in my opinion has a self inflated opinion of his ability so it's a NO from me.

Added to that apparently he is no fan of Aberdeen Football Club or Derek McInnes

Your opinion, is that his opinion of himself is too high, and apparently he doesn't like us or Mcinnes? Have you made a couple of leaps here?

1 hour ago, ScottishZizou said:

I completely forgot we had Hernandez so O’Donnell wouldn’t make sense.
How much better a player than Shaughnessy would people expect us to sign? 

Given the St Johnstone fans weren't too fussed at losing him I'd be hoping we sign somebody much better.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Given the St Johnstone fans weren't too fussed at losing him I'd be hoping we sign somebody much better.

That's not strictly true. Shaugnessey was a decent player but his father is his and his brothers agent and his brother was earning twice as much as Joe in England. Joe just wanted too much. His form did dip and I for one was very critical of him, mainly because we knew he was off and should have been playing Liam Gordon.

1 hour ago, ScottishZizou said:

I completely forgot we had Hernandez so O’Donnell wouldn’t make sense.
How much better a player than Shaughnessy would people expect us to sign? 

Hearts at this stage may consider a nominal fee for Craig Halkett.

Another option is Jimmy Dunne. 

Speculating of course, I'd say we may look at Hoban, Dunne, Shaughnessy, Halkett or a loanee from England.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

That's not strictly true. Shaugnessey was a decent player but his father is his and his brothers agent and his brother was earning twice as much as Joe in England. Joe just wanted too much. His form did dip and I for one was very critical of him, mainly because we knew he was off and should have been playing Liam Gordon.

Sounds like you weren't too fussed he left Tam ;)

2 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Edinson Cavani is now a shock target for Aberdeen.

Don't think he'd be too happy sitting on the bench behind big Sam. 

If Cormack says this pandemic will cost us millions then hopefully kingsford can get punted. I'd also  like to see tommie hoban back if McKenna does leave. 

Seen that Stuart FIndlay has a year left on his contract at Kilmarnock. If we were to cash in on Mckenna I wonder how much it would cost to try and steal Findlay if Killie don't want to find themselves in a situation like they with O'Donnell. Most likely more than we would be able to pay I guess. Been scanning the Hearts squad to see if there's anyone they might look to part with on the cheap after relegation and its astonishing to see how bad a squad they have managed to assemble

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Sounds like you weren't too fussed he left Tam ;)

Tam is Liam Gordons grandad, if that puts his feelings towards Shaughnessy in perspective. 

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tam is Liam Gordons grandad, if that puts his feelings towards Shaughnessy in perspective. 

Liam was at Peterhead a few years back.  Liked the look of him then.  Wonder if Tam ever took the trip to Balmoor to see him.