The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, KTID26 said:

You are totally delusional if you think McKenna has a transfer value of over £5m. Findlay and Kerr are way better footballers than McKenna. As far as accepting £1m pound for Findlay of course we would reject that and in part because, unlike your club, we are not bleeding cash every day.  I would suspect your chairman is praying some fool will offer £1m for McKenna to help plug the financial hole.

McKenna is so shite the ex Killie manager played him ahead of Findlay for Scotland. Logical thinking there sweetheart.

8 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Good news that he's coming back. Will be interesting to see how he adapts when he no longer has the pace to knock the ball past the fullback and whip in a cross. He is getting on & has had a leg break since he was with us last.

Most of my Tim mates* are a bit dissappointed they've let him go. Feel he could still do them a turn. So hopefully still got the engine. I think I'm warming to the idea of him playing left back. More than competent to play there in the league.

*Celtic fans I know and tolerate.

Edited by Illgresi

Interesting to see how Kennedy fits into the plans with Hayes back. Certainly over his time with Saints he was more effective on the left than the right, plus he has competition from McGinn, Hedges and McLennan on that side. As a ten, not really for me.

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Most of my Tim mates* are a bit dissappointed they've let him go. Feel he could still do them a turn. So hopefully still got the engine. I think I'm warming to the idea of him playing left back. More than competent to play there in the league.

Fair point, he always seemed to bust a gut to track back when Considine was playing at LB. As much as Considine is solid defensively, Hayes would offer more in an attacking sense. As the old adage goes, I'd rather know a T*m than a H*n...

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Some going to call people delusional and saying that his club isn’t bleeding money every day. 

Put simplistically there isn't a club in Scotland that isn't bleeding money every single day right now, but hey let them bury their heads in the sand if it makes them feel better. 

4 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Fair point, he always seemed to bust a gut to track back when Considine was playing at LB. As much as Considine is solid defensively, Hayes would offer more in an attacking sense. As the old adage goes, I'd rather know a T*m than a H*n...

Also, if McKenna gets sold, we'd need Considine at centre back anyway.

Unfortunately I know loads of both!

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Also, if McKenna gets sold, we'd need Considine at centre back anyway.

Unfortunately I know loads of both!

There's something a little unsettling about Taylor & Considine being our first choice CB pairing.  I know that Taylor hasn't been terrible this season, but there's always the worry that he'll have one of his Lothar Matthaeus moments.  

12 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Put simplistically there isn't a club in Scotland that isn't bleeding money every single day right now, but hey let them bury their heads in the sand if it makes them feel better. 

Exactly. We may be one of the clubs bleeding the most (I have no idea) but somebody would have to be remarkably naive to not think their club was having significant financial problems just now unless they’ve made a big sale or have hefty outside investment to keep them ticking over.

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

There's something a little unsettling about Taylor & Considine being our first choice CB pairing.  I know that Taylor hasn't been terrible this season, but there's always the worry that he'll have one of his Lothar Matthaeus moments.  

Totally agree, which is why we shouldn't even be entertaining selling McKenna without having a replacement lined up.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Exactly. We may be one of the clubs bleeding the most (I have no idea) but somebody would have to be remarkably naive to not think their club was having significant financial problems just now unless they’ve made a big sale or have hefty outside investment to keep them ticking over.

As much as we're bleeding costs with the new training ground I'd hate to imagine the shambles our training would be at the moment without it.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Yes, I'd imagine that most Scottish clubs are in the same predicament at the moment, with reduced income all across the board.  It's amazing how many think that no news is good news.

38 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Does not compute.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Interesting to see how Kennedy fits into the plans with Hayes back. Certainly over his time with Saints he was more effective on the left than the right, plus he has competition from McGinn, Hedges and McLennan on that side. As a ten, not really for me.

Hopefully it'll be Kennedy at LW and Hayes at LB. Kennedy spends most of his attacking cutting inside, leaving a huge wasted space out wide as Considine was unable to make use of it most of the time. Hayes at left back would have the pace, energy and ability to make far more use there.

58 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

As long as McInnes hasn't suddenly decided to play like Man City, that pairing should be good enough domestically. Have Ojo or McGeouch in the team should allow a simpler out ball for them, rather than for most of the first half of last season there was no midfield to speak of and ended with McKenna and Taylor trying to launch 50 yard diagonal passes into the stands.

8 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Hopefully it'll be Kennedy at LW and Hayes at LB. Kennedy spends most of his attacking cutting inside, leaving a huge wasted space out wide as Considine was unable to make use of it most of the time. Hayes at left back would have the pace, energy and ability to make far more use there.

As long as McInnes hasn't suddenly decided to play like Man City, that pairing should be good enough domestically. Have Ojo or McGeouch in the team should allow a simpler out ball for them, rather than for most of the first half of last season there was no midfield to speak of and ended with McKenna and Taylor trying to launch 50 yard diagonal passes into the stands.

Devlin is the biggest culprit for the aimless punt. Soul destroying when you see him get the ball, look around and then just fire it down the line.

4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Yes, it got a bit predictable with the ball being played across the back line & then punted to Cosgrove.  I seem to remember that this was still happening when either Ojo or McGeough were in the team though, which could be put down to managerial instruction, rather than lack of options for an out-bal.l