Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My long-standing policy of parking my arse firmly on the fence pays off again.

Yeah, you looked like you were about to lay in to the signing then wisely snuck in the caveat at the end.

The thread does also highlight the demise of Scott Robertson - I actually think he is one player who could be recovered from the dead zone that is Hibs.

Yeah, you looked like you were about to lay in to the signing then wisely snuck in the caveat at the end.

The thread does also highlight the demise of Scott Robertson - I actually think he is one player who could be recovered from the dead zone that is Hibs.

I'd have Robertson back at United if we were short in central midfield. Decent player, though never quite built on some very good performances early in his time with us.

Has Butcher emptied Robertson, too?

Our recent experience of bringing back players (Goodwillie, Gomis, Wilson) is not a good one. I'm sure there would be exceptions but I'm not sure it's a worthwhile strategy.

I'd have Robertson back at United if we were short in central midfield. Decent player, though never quite built on some very good performances early in his time with us.

Has Butcher emptied Robertson, too?

Nah I think he's one of the few that have still been kept on. Robertson was excellent in the first half of his first season with us then got injured and when he came back he was a solid enough player but never quite as exciting he'd been in those initial few months. He also went about two years without a goal too which was pretty poor for a midfielder like him.

I wouldn't take him back if he became free right now as it's similar to the Gomis situation. I'm still happy with Paton and Rankin and we should be looking to get youngsters like Petrie challenging them now rather than sign former players.

Our recent experience of bringing back players (Goodwillie, Gomis, Wilson) is not a good one. I'm sure there would be exceptions but I'm not sure it's a worthwhile strategy.

Three swallows don't make a summer but yeah you are probably right - best to leave that one alone. I thought Butcher had binned him as well but obviously not.

Some of those Rankin quotes are hilarious, especially the "Robertson is a better player" one. I haven't thought too much about new signings yet, at least with the upcoming World Cup to keep me occupied.

Don't think there are any players released from Hibs that I would like to see at Tannadice but the possible signings of Telfer from Rangers and Johnstone from Celtic would fit with our recent policy of trying to get young players with some kind of resale value (although neither of them are defenders!)

It will be interesting to see our season ticket sales this year, despite a fourth place finish and a cup final there might be a bit of a second season apathy from some fans, there was a big push last season for the Rangers thing and a big push this season with it being McNamara's first season in charge so there might be a slight dip for next season.

Some of those Rankin quotes are hilarious, especially the "Robertson is a better player" one. I haven't thought too much about new signings yet, at least with the upcoming World Cup to keep me occupied.

Don't think there are any players released from Hibs that I would like to see at Tannadice but the possible signings of Telfer from Rangers and Johnstone from Celtic would fit with our recent policy of trying to get young players with some kind of resale value (although neither of them are defenders!)

It will be interesting to see our season ticket sales this year, despite a fourth place finish and a cup final there might be a bit of a second season apathy from some fans, there was a big push last season for the Rangers thing and a big push this season with it being McNamara's first season in charge so there might be a slight dip for next season.

I'm holding off on purchasing mine until Kenneth signing on at Utd has been officially rubber stamped.

It's too early to predict.

Thistle's current squad (i.e. under contract) is the one that got promoted plus Higginbotham and Gallacher but minus Taylor-Sinclair, Erskine and Paton. Our ability to compete next season will depend on Archie's ability to sign better players and increase the size of the squad..

Good point, well made, wrong f*cking thread.

How much are United's PatG tickets for the upcoming season out of interest?

I think I saw that there was a £1 increase on gate admission this year. I'm not sure of the exact prices everywhere in the ground though, United haven't confirmed anything.

Anyone else having bother trying to buy their season ticket on-line? My season ticket clearly states my username but the shitey system they are using says it does not recognise the username (or 'patron' as the two bob software calls it)

Anyone else having bother trying to buy their season ticket on-line? My season ticket clearly states my username but the shitey system they are using says it does not recognise the username (or 'patron' as the two bob software calls it)

Yes I struggled with this yesterday. Username and password were accepted, and I chose my type of season ticket fine, but the seat and row allocated wasn't where I normally sit. Couldn't figure out how to change it. Would have thought that it would have been on file if there was no option to choose?

Phoned up in the end.

Tbf at the time I thought John Rankin was a terrible signing, glad he proved me wrong.

"David Robertson is a better player" :lol:

It was comments like that which gave me real hope for David Robertson. Unfortunately he turned out to be absolutely shite.

It was comments like that which gave me real hope for David Robertson. Unfortunately he turned out to be absolutely shite.

He didnt turn out to be shite, he was always shite. At the Premier level anyhow, perhaps he'll shine in the third tier. Was the same with Stuart Duff, who Calderwood for some unknown reason had a bricker for, chasing his signature for Aberdeen.

Still, Drobba always be remembered at least a little fondly for his last minute bumbling goal against Oldco in the cup replay at Tannadice.

He didnt turn out to be shite, he was always shite. At the Premier level anyhow, perhaps he'll shine in the third tier.

Still, will always be remembered at least a little fondly for his last minute bumbling goal against Oldco in the cup replay at Tannadice.

He scored a last minute equaliser for us away to Inverness, a late consolation against Motherwell a few weeks later and took a boot to the face against you guys to win a penalty. That was his entire contribution to St Johnstone in two and a half painful years.

When United fans are saying Robertson is better than a good player like Rankin, you can understand why I might be hopeful. :lol:

haha Robertson scoring off his bum was funny and a classic Shedtastic momment :D and Kyle id worry about Rotherham poaching May ;)

Why would I worry about that? He's got a year on his contract, is about to sign an extension and we wont sell on the cheap if he does go. He's said already he doesn't see himself playing for Rotherham or Peterborough too, although I'm sure that'll be tested if he's offered a contract.

I'm quite relaxed, thanks. 8)

Archived