What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

The first is really good but unless you're desperate to follow the story and characters through their development, I'd just start with 2 personally. 

Might be worth checking some gameplay videos of both to see if the first tickles your fancy. 

Although I hadn't heard of the reloaded mod till this very post and it looks decent. Why had I never heard of this? And they're bringing out a similar version of BG2 in 2021. Fucking. Yas. 

Is Baldur's Gate an isometric RPG? I hate that I just can't click at all with those games because loads of stuff I'm really interested are iso RPGs but the combat is like a foreign language to me which is really frustrating. I've bounced off of Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny and Divinity Original Sin because it's like trying to learn Japanese after sustaining a massive head injury.

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Is Baldur's Gate an isometric RPG? I hate that I just can't click at all with those games because loads of stuff I'm really interested are iso RPGs but the combat is like a foreign language to me which is really frustrating. I've bounced off of Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny and Divinity Original Sin because it's like trying to learn Japanese after sustaining a massive head injury.

Yeah it is. 

Here's a lets play of the opening scenes. This is the enhanced edition though I've not looked dinto what difference that actually makes

I'm currently playing that Jurassic Park management sim thing, where you get to build your own parks across the Costa Rican islands. Picked it up free on the Epic Games Store (God bless them and I, for one, welcome their Chinese overlords).

It'd be a massive disappointment for people who are heavily into this type of game, but I'm not; I'm just enjoying producing dinos and giving them daft names like Snowflake and Popcorn. Just about maxed out the first island, so we'll see how it goes from here. I noticed that you have to buy DLC to patch in some of the more famous dino varieties, but frankly I'm enjoying seeing some of the ones that I've never heard of; we all know what a Brachiosaur looks like.

Special mention to the voice actors, who do some nice impressions of Jeff Goldblum and Bryce Dallas Howard, although Starlord is a bit dodgy.

Edit: I just realised that it is actually JG and BDH voicing the characters, while it's not the real Starlord, so that explains that  :lol:

Edited by BFTD

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I'm currently playing that Jurassic Park management sim thing, where you get to build your own parks across the Costa Rican islands. Picked it up free on the Epic Games Store (God bless them and I, for one, welcome their Chinese overlords).

It'd be a massive disappointment for people who are heavily into this type of game, but I'm not; I'm just enjoying producing dinos and giving them daft names like Snowflake and Popcorn. Just about maxed out the first island, so we'll see how it goes from here. I noticed that you have to buy DLC to patch in some of the more famous dino varieties, but frankly I'm enjoying seeing some of the ones that I've never heard of; we all know what a Brachiosaur looks like.

Special mention to the voice actors, who do some nice impressions of Jeff Goldblum and Bryce Dallas Howard, although Starlord is a bit dodgy.

Is there any room for the dinos to have a revolution? 

I bought both the South Park games today and have spent the past week playing Pokemon on an emulator, also watched an episode of it on Netflix and an episode of Yu Gi Oh.

Lockdown has sent me back in time. 

I might be in the midst of the most boring regressive midlife crises ever.

Edited by Stormzy

No idea why it took me so long as I did have a PS4 and I did actually own the game for it but never played it for whatever reason... But I've just completed God of War. 

Truly spectacular game.

I just finished the Witcher: Throne breaker last night, and I have to say, I enjoyed that game far more than I expected. It's an epic adventure, with big, game changing choices throughout, but every battle and puzzle is fought through Gwent. It's way better than it sounds. The main criticism I would have is that the battles are very easy after a point (the puzzles are not), until you get to the last one, which is nigh on impossible. Still, well worth a fiver.

After talking about Mount and Blade 2 early access in another thread, I've decided to fire it up. 

Never played any of these games before so. I'm finding it quite engaging. Pretty lost with skill trees and shit like that, but not at all lost when it comes to swording the living f**k out of c***s on the battlefield. 

Think I'm going to enjoy this. Watched a couple of let's plays and the control you have over your soldiers on the field, while not quite total war levels, does look like it can provide a decent level of tactical play in that respect. Tournaments are fun, and I'm slowly getting to grips with the campaign map too. 

Feels a bit like there's not much to do, but I suspect that is due to my inexperience rather than there being not much to do. 

Only problem is lack of dismemberment. Even back in barbarian 2 there was nothing as enjoyable as slicing c***s' heads off. Have downloaded a mod to add this in, but unfortunately the modding isn't baked into steam, and requires all kinds of fannying about to get it to work. No great hassle, but it seems the heids aff mod hasn't been updated for latest patch. 

Giving it 7 aubergines out of ten for now, will prob get more as I get more into it

🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆 

I've pretty much given up on getting the Platinum for FFIX.

I'm sitting at 48 trophies but the trophy for 1000 jumps is pretty much impossible on modern hardware.

The other trophies are for grinding to 10,000 kills (easy but time consuming) and getting inflicted with all status elements (a bit of a pain but not difficult) but that skipping one is a nightmare and should never have been included.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

I've pretty much given up on getting the Platinum for FFIX.

I'm sitting at 48 trophies but the trophy for 1000 jumps is pretty much impossible on modern hardware.

The other trophies are for grinding to 10,000 kills (easy but time consuming) and getting inflicted with all status elements (a bit of a pain but not difficult) but that skipping one is a nightmare and should never have been included.

Aye I was speaking to someone about this the other day and it's confirmed as bugged with the timing inputs. Class that they've never fixed this! Might not be possible tbf.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye I was speaking to someone about this the other day and it's confirmed as bugged with the timing inputs. Class that they've never fixed this! Might not be possible tbf.

It's because it was designed to run on CRT televisions with wired controllers. Playing it on modern tellies with wireless controllers mean that there's too much lag and it just becomes a total RNG whether you get it or not.

There is a script that can run alongside Remote Play but even that is totally unpredictable with regards to lag.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

It's because it was designed to run on CRT televisions with wired controllers. Playing it on modern tellies with wireless controllers mean that there's too much lag and it just becomes a total RNG whether you get it or not.

There is a script that can run alongside Remote Play but even that is totally unpredictable with regards to lag.

FF games love having stupid shit like this as well. I'm playing FFXIII-2 atm and because I'm such an arse about having my GS be a value of 5 I know I'm going to have to sit and do 100 consecutive pre-emptive strikes because loads of achievements in this game give like 14 or 18g for unlocking.

Haven't even considered touching the Tifa Jules pull-up challenge since giving it 10 goes on Sunday.

At least they're actually doable tho, I suppose!

As an aside, I just escaped Terra last night which is maybe the furthest I've ever got in IX. This game rules.

FF9 is a great wee game, and a refreshing feel after the "futuristic" settings of 7 and 8, and 10 coming after. It's not my favourite and the other 3 are ahead for me but it's still a great game, great characters and a story that holds up fine. 

I just downloaded and gave Baldur's Gate 1 a shot for 30 minutes in the tutorial.

Nope. Not for me. Never played D&D, there's too much going on and I don't think I can justify the time it'll take to really get into this. 

Totally get why people might like this, but nope. 

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I just downloaded and gave Baldur's Gate 1 a shot for 30 minutes in the tutorial.

Nope. Not for me. Never played D&D, there's too much going on and I don't think I can justify the time it'll take to really get into this. 

Totally get why people might like this, but nope. 

I loved it back in the day. But then I did also play DND. Haven't played it in years though

I completed Pokemon Fire Red today, I don't know what one to try next, do I go back for crystal or go forward to ruby and sapphire? 

I'm guessing they didn't remake gold/silver or crystal? 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver - Wikipedia

Ooft this has complicated things. 

I'm not very tech savvy and download a GBA emulator for Fire Red, hopefully i can get a DS one or something. 

I can still remember playing gold for ages trying to get an Umbreon which if I recall correctly you had to carry an Evee and give it haircuts aw the time and eventually if it evolves at night then it's Umbreon, pretty sure I tried for ages then started to disbelieve the theory until it actually did try and evolve but in the day time.