Heart of Midlothian 2014-

It seems we've signed Jamie MacDonald on a one-year deal to replace Micheal McGovern.

Anyone fancy giving a wee lowdown on his strengths, weaknesses etc?

Not the greatest at commanding his area, but an excellent shot stopper. Was our player of the year last season and I'm very surprised he's dropped down to the Championship as he's more than capable of playing in the Premiership. Cracking signing for you lot.

Edited by Tony Wonder

It seems we've signed Jamie MacDonald on a one-year deal to replace Micheal McGovern.

He flaps at anything coming in the box,and tries to punch everything.

He is the same size as Jimmy Krankie,and is easily bullied.

Has fantastic reflexes and is decent at one on ones, as said he flaps at crosses a bit though I can't remember much of that last season.

Will probably be one of the if not the best goalkeeper in the league next season, great signing.

Read on Dundee Mad we're maybe sending Cammy Kerr on loan to you guys. Are you in need of a RB? He's a cracking talent but really needs first team football. It won't be completed any time soon though as he's with the squad in Hungary for the next week.

Old Pivotonian, on 03 Jul 2014 - 23:30, said:

Very good. Nearly had me there.

You don't happen to know what happened to the legend that is Nade? We'd be grateful to take HIM on loan!

Nearly had you there?

Nade's not long signed for Raith.

Read on Dundee Mad we're maybe sending Cammy Kerr on loan to you guys. Are you in need of a RB? He's a cracking talent but really needs first team football. It won't be completed any time soon though as he's with the squad in Hungary for the next week.

Just looked a some photos of Cammy. WTF? Why does he always look as if he is just delivering himself the vinegar stroke? Maybe it's the anticipation of coming to a big team like Hearts?

...not sure what Old Pivotonian is on. :lol:

I'd be surprised if we signed Kerr on loan considering we have Paterson as first choice RB and Smith as cover for him, unless Levein reckons Smith isn't up to it yet.

He wouldn't be getting first team football if he came here, I don't think.

Good shot stopper (he's a goalie he should be!) good at one on ones and pretty decent at saving pens.

Very good signing for you guys no disrespect but I thought he'd get a bigger club or at least one in the top league. If Hearts had resigned him I would've been happy.

My biggest frustration with jamma was his distribution, not quick enough to release the ball and punts it too much.

Good shot stopper (he's a goalie he should be!) good at one on ones and pretty decent at saving pens.

Very good signing for you guys no disrespect but I thought he'd get a bigger club or at least one in the top league. If Hearts had resigned him I would've been happy.

My biggest frustration with jamma was his distribution, not quick enough to release the ball and punts it too much.

Aylo Vanal :lol:

This is the type of attitude and togetherness that makes the Hibernian Football Club club on here and around the world so special.

Welcome.

'Special' being the operative word.

ETA - Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change you lot for the fucking world.

Edited by Johnny Fingers