Heart of Midlothian 2014-

11 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Pretty much this but I'm not sure Hartley was even all that good at Dundee with Hemmings and Stewart (bottom 6?).
I'd prefer Michael O'Neil but can't see him wanting it so would accept Freedman.

I just wonder whether Hartley would do better with a bigger budget - I think we'd see some attacking football, at least - I'd certainly take him over Pressley. 

Michael O'Neil has worked wonders with Norn Iron - unlikely we'd get him, as you say. 

Hartley was very good for his first two seasons. His failings was his inability to have a plan b if it wasn't going his way and too often we were bullied. He had an absolutely horrendous final season with some terrible signings. Up until that point - whether they succeeded or not - the vast majority of his signings were understandable. The pressure just got to him in the end as he ran out of ideas.

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's not that long ago that Paul Hartley looked cool as f**k

d532aef3ed6c216d1e0303d0af4bd399.jpg

It's amazing what living in Dundee can do to a man

The weight would positively fall off him once he moved to Edinburgh and started indulging in the local recreational pastimes.

By: Hearts Media on 14 Aug, 2017 14:00
Liam Smith has penned a one-year contract extension with Hearts ahead of a loan move to St Mirren.

The right-back has extended his stay at Tynecastle until 2019, and will immediately head out on loan to the Paisley 2021 Stadium for the duration of this season.

The Scotland U21 has previously enjoyed loan spells at East Fife and Raith Rovers, and has made 38 first-team appearances for the Jambos since his debut in 2014.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6121

The fact that Paulo Sergio hasn't been approached and/or offered the job yet makes me think we might have someone proper box-office lined up.

If we do go the Levein/poundland route though, I wouldn't be upset to see Sir Paul Hartley given his chance.

Much like Paulo, he 'gets' Hearts. Some people are a good fit at a club.

I just hope Phressley is told to gtf and then once he gets there, he's invited to gtf some more.

18 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

By: Hearts Media on 14 Aug, 2017 14:00
Liam Smith has penned a one-year contract extension with Hearts ahead of a loan move to St Mirren.

The right-back has extended his stay at Tynecastle until 2019, and will immediately head out on loan to the Paisley 2021 Stadium for the duration of this season.

The Scotland U21 has previously enjoyed loan spells at East Fife and Raith Rovers, and has made 38 first-team appearances for the Jambos since his debut in 2014.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6121

Any use?

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Levein not wanting someone with a significantly better pedigree than him at the club? Consider me flabbergasted.

Rules Hartley and Elvis out too.  Or are you talking management and not medals?