Premier League 2014/15

banana

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First start for Jesse Lingaard.

Be interesting to see where he plays. Young will be playing in the right wing back position, he's played there pre season, so you would guess it'd be either Lingaard or Mata who play on the left.

LVG's first squad is announced:

De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Blackett, Fletcher, Herrera, Lingaard, Young, Mata, Hernandez, Rooney

Will be interesting to see how that defence holds up in the new formation. Swansea team looks decent.

Neck firmly on the line...

1. Chelsea

2. Man City

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Man Utd

18. Hull City Tigers

19. Leicester

20. Burnley

Top Goalscorer: Daniel Sturridge

First managerial casualty: Alan Irvine

Mata as a left wing back? If he didn't think Shaw was fit enough to play there I'd doubt that he thinks Mata can.

A was only suggesting who I thought would play there, can't see either Fletcher or Herrera in that position, only time will tell.

Will be interesting to see how that defence holds up in the new formation. Swansea team looks decent.

I don't think they'll get anything today but I must admit I thought they'd struggle this season. A bit of a lazy prediction though as they've actually still got a decent side.

Disappointed Kinglsey isn't in the Swansea squad. He featured a lot during pre-season, so I would think (hope) it's just a case of him maybe being injured or something.

He is, he's on the bench.

Downing had achieved far more in his career before joining Liverpool than Lallana has done so far.

Indeed. It's not even close.

I think Liverpool have bulked their squad quite well. This was very necessary with the CL games to fit in. I thought they were great against Dortmund last weekend, PS friendly as it was.

Their biggest asset is Rodgers. Even with an at best reasonable squad he nearly won the title. He's just a brilliant manager. Which gives Liverpool a chance of top 4 again. But I still think an outside chance.

Jury is very much out on Lallana. Was an awful lot of money for what he has achieved so far. That said, you'd expect Rodgers to do a Sterling type job on him and bring him on a good bit.

I think Liverpool are going to be the most interesting club to watch next year again, along with Man U this time out.

Archived