Premier League 2014/15

banana

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprisingly comfortable win. Should've won more easily as Bacuna missed a sitter at the end, and we missed at least two in the first half.

All the defence played well especially Hutton. N'Zogbia was the only poor player but he was taken off and Grealish looked good when he came on.

We're gonna win the league!

Stoke really is a fucking shithole though. I thought I'd walked into a BNP meeting when I went to the pub before the game.

Arsenal :lol: Wenger starts with Chambers and Sanogo and looks bemused when they go behind

Alexis Sanchez was told to mark Hangeland at the corner :huh:

Surprisingly comfortable win. Should've won more easily as Bacuna missed a sitter at the end, and we missed at least two in the first half.

All the defence played well especially Hutton. N'Zogbia was the only poor player but he was taken off and Grealish looked good when he came on.

We're gonna win the league!

Stoke really is a fucking shithole though. I thought I'd walked into a BNP meeting when I went to the pub before the game.

Great start for Villa. Stoke is a terrible away day.

sanogo is absolutely brutal, his movement is fucking terrible, his first touch is a bad tackle and he is just fucking awful all round

Yep, he is dreadful. He should be way down the pecking order at Arsenal. In fact, what is he even doing at a top 4 club anyway? :lol:

Sanogo, and before him Bendtner are the ones who get most of the mockery, but it's players like Arteta and Cazorla that are holding them back - players that fans seem to think are good butnin reality are really out their depth in a team wanting to challenge for the title. Arteta was a cheap panic buy a few seasons back yet is still somehow lurking around, and Cazorla offers nothing out wide and isn't as good as the other options in the middle.

Khedira was exactly the player they needed, if they could get someone like him then theh could go close in the league. Without that their midfield in the big games will get crucified, just as it did last season.

Sanogo is only 21, he's still pretty raw having not had a lot of first team football. I think he'd benefit from a year down in the Championship, he's clearly nowhere near good enough for Arsenal as he is now, but I think there's a decent player in him.

Arsenal :lol: Wenger starts with Chambers and Sanogo and looks bemused when they go behind

Alexis Sanchez was told to mark Hangeland at the corner :huh:

You could've at least held on past the first day of the season before treating us to your usual nonsense.

How do you know Alexis was told to mark Hangeland?

You could've at least held on past the first day of the season before treating us to your usual nonsense.

How do you know Alexis was told to mark Hangeland?

It was highlighted during the game, they went back the goal and showed the starting positions of players, and Sanchez was touch tight with Hangeland and then completely lost him once he'd made his run

It was highlighted during the game, they went back the goal and showed the starting positions of players, and Sanchez was touch tight with Hangeland and then completely lost him once he'd made his run

Arsenal use zonal marking, Sanchez wasn't man marking Hangeland.

Arsenal use zonal marking, Sanchez wasn't man marking Hangeland.

Doesn't really detract from the idiocy of having Sanchez defending a corner though

Doesn't really detract from the idiocy of having Sanchez defending a corner though

Arsenal had Sanchez, Cazorla and Wilshere playing - all players who I'm sure you would put in the same brackett in terms of their size and ability to defend corners. So unless you plan on only defending with 7 outfielders at a corner then one of them at least has to defend. Arteta and Ramsey are hardly known for their aerial prowess either.

Arsenal had Sanchez, Cazorla and Wilshere playing - all players who I'm sure you would put in the same brackett in terms of their size and ability to defend corners. So unless you plan on only defending with 7 outfielders at a corner then one of them at least has to defend. Arteta and Ramsey are hardly known for their aerial prowess either.

I'd be leaving five up front and seeing if the opposition had the balls to leave them unmarked. The best form of defence is offence.

Archived