Premier League 2014/15

banana

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season ticket prices this year. Arsenal tops the lot

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1406133119.818420.jpg

Some of the match ticket prices are a wee bit misleading, as at some clubs it would be impossible to get them without a membership. I don't think a single Arsenal league game last season went to general sale. Palace were members only as well.

I rated Ashton

As did I but once he done his ankle in that was him, never the same player again and eventually had to retire.

Can never tell but Carroll has had about 6 months of Premier League football performing consistently and that was after Newcastle got promoted back in 2010, 4 years ago.

The only player - along with Jonathan Woodgate possibly - to get better the longer he was injured.

Ledley King. Although, King was brilliant tbf.

Alan Irvine has admitted he's never seen Brown Ideye play before. He's spent nearly £10m on him.

Way to go, Alan.

:lol:

Alan Irvine has admitted he's never seen Brown Ideye play before. He's spent nearly £10m on him.

Way to go, Alan.

Pretty sure West Brom work with a director of football, so Irvine isn't necessarily directly responsible for transfers.

As was Woodgate. An outstanding centre-half when he was fit

I still maintain that Woodgate and King would have been better than Ferdinand and Terry had all things been equal.

For two seasons Woodgate was the Newcastle back 4 by himself. His performance against Drogba and Marseille in the UEFA Cup semi-final was one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. Obviously he got injured in time for the seond leg and we got steamrollered.

I still maintain that Woodgate and King would have been better than Ferdinand and Terry had all things been equal.

For two seasons Woodgate was the Newcastle back 4 by himself. His performance against Drogba and Marseille in the UEFA Cup semi-final was one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. Obviously he got injured in time for the seond leg and we got steamrollered.

Agree with that, I think King would've been one of the best centre halves in the world if it weren't for his dodgy knees.

The fact he could put in the performances he did when he couldn't even train is testament to his ability, he was outstanding.

Agree with that, I think King would've been one of the best centre halves in the world if it weren't for his dodgy knees.

The fact he could put in the performances he did when he couldn't even train is testament to his ability, he was outstanding.

:lol: Ledley King has never even been near the best centre halves in the EPL, never mind the world. Very much a case of the "John Kennedys" about him in terms of your opinion. Woodgate wouldn't have been better than Ferdinand or Terry even if he hadn't been a complete crock either

Have to agree with Random for once here. Nonsense to say that either of those two could have been better than Terry and Ferdinand.

I think people's judgement of them as players tends to be clouded because they're complete arseholes.

:lol: Ledley King has never even been near the best centre halves in the EPL, never mind the world. Very much a case of the "John Kennedys" about him in terms of your opinion. Woodgate wouldn't have been better than Ferdinand or Terry even if he hadn't been a complete crock either

Awrite, maybe that was a bit far :lol: but the only reason (IMO) He didn't reach that level is because of injuries, if he hadn't had dodgy knees and was able to train properly he would've been a lot better than what he was.

All ifs and buts though but I reckon he would've been up there with Terry & Ferdinand if he could've avoided the problems he had.

Archived