Premier League 2014/15

banana

They can't let de gea go easily as he is pretty much irreplaceable so unless Madrid offer something spectacular then he has to get told he's staying put although he almost certainly wants away. I think he's better off at Utd, they have more exciting times ahead and he will be under less pressure

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's only got a year left on his contract so, if he's made his mind up to go, better to get something for him now than nothing next summer. A decent centre half, new right back and replacement keeper such as Lloris/Cech would minimise his loss although losing potentially the worlds best keeper would be a sore one for the long term.

They can't let de gea go easily as he is pretty much irreplaceable so unless Madrid offer something spectacular then he has to get told he's staying put although he almost certainly wants away. I think he's better off at Utd, they have more exciting times ahead and he will be under less pressure

As 7-2 says, his contracts up next year. So its whatever they can get for him now or absolutely nothing next year. As whenever Real want a player United cant compete.

He's only got a year left on his contract so, if he's made his mind up to go, better to get something for him now than nothing next summer. A decent centre half, new right back and replacement keeper such as Lloris/Cech would minimise his loss although losing potentially the worlds best keeper would be a sore one for the long term.

Lloris is regularly linked, cant see Cech happening though. Always felt Valdes was signed with De Geas departure in mind as a keeper of his standing wouldnt join as back up.

The deal surely won't take til next year to complete so I'm sure utd will get a lot for him. I don't want to speculate too much on figures but de gea is surely of more worth than bale so a straight swap would be decent business for both parties IMO

The deal surely won't take til next year to complete so I'm sure utd will get a lot for him. I don't want to speculate too much on figures but de gea is surely of more worth than bale so a straight swap would be decent business for both parties IMO

That wouldn't be a good deal for Real at all imo.

That wouldn't be a good deal for Real at all imo.

Well he certainly isn't popular with the fans just now, de gea is their number one target and most likely the best keeper in the world in their eyes with easily ten good years ahead of him. Bale to them is decent but with the attraction they can have to sign almost anyone they want he is certainly replaceable plus they have the likes of Isco and modric there anyway

In what way?

Swap deals are incredibly popular rumours, but can anyone actually remember the last time one happened? They are staggeringly rare compared to the amount of rumoured swaps.

Even more unusual in large transfers - Bale or Modric from De Gea would be really unprecedented stuff.

The last fairly major one I can remember was Gallas for Ashley Cole - any more recent ones jump out?

In what way?

Swap deals are incredibly popular rumours, but can anyone actually remember the last time one happened? They are staggeringly rare compared to the amount of rumoured swaps.

Even more unusual in large transfers - Bale or Modric from De Gea would be really unprecedented stuff.

The last fairly major one I can remember was Gallas for Ashley Cole - any more recent ones jump out?

Eto, Ibra and cash between barca and inter?

In what way?

The Gallas one was the one i immediately thought of

I think the amount Utd are willing to spend and the players they already have with expectations rising then it will be a more exciting few years than at Madrid who's supporters are angry and constantly demanding success, short term manager reigns seeing the norm there, players like Ronaldo and Ramos walking about like the own the place and being in Barcelona's shadow would put me off signing for them but thats just my view of things there!

Jesus.

John 'best coach in the Premier LEague' Carver has left the Horse Punchers. Shame, was thoroughly enjoying the comedy coming from Newcastle. Really hope they don't bring in someone competent.

John 'best coach in the Premier LEague' Carver has left the Horse Punchers. Shame, was thoroughly enjoying the comedy coming from Newcastle. Really hope they don't bring in someone competent.

Steve McClaren is the big favourite for that gig so make of that what you will.

Eto, Ibra and cash between barca and inter?

Good call. Surely the biggest one of all time, at least they play the same position unlike this Bale - De Gea rumour.

The Gallas one was the one i immediately thought of

I think the amount Utd are willing to spend and the players they already have with expectations rising then it will be a more exciting few years than at Madrid who's supporters are angry and constantly demanding success, short term manager reigns seeing the norm there, players like Ronaldo and Ramos walking about like the own the place and being in Barcelona's shadow would put me off signing for them but thats just my view of things there!

I see where you are coming from, but don't agree personally.

Real Madrid are box office and always will be, never had any trouble attracting players (indeed, attracting players directly from Man Utd in the case of De Gea and Ronaldo). They're a better side than Man Utd of present and in a much more appealing country for your new South American superstar.

Real have a pulling power no club can match. Look at what happened to Figo.

Real have always had many managers, they were sacking guys when on a 5 year winning Champions Cup run in the 50s. It's never been a barrier before. The club is much bigger than the manager - as is the case with most modern clubs. The Ferguson or Wenger days are gone really. The fans are unrelenting brutal, agreed, much worse than Aberdeens Calderwood era boo boys.

There is absolutely no way a keeper with 1 year left on his contract is worth the same as a forward with about 4 years left on his, especially when that forward's previous fee was the world record.

Lloris is regularly linked, cant see Cech happening though. Always felt Valdes was signed with De Geas departure in mind as a keeper of his standing wouldnt join as back up.

I think Cech'll go to Arsenal if he stays in England. Agree about Valdes' position but van Gaal's never come out and said if de Gea goes then they already have his replacement at OT. There seems to be an acceptance that United will go for a new, established keeper. Maybe Valdes is there to be sold as part of any deal!

Archived