Premier League 2014/15

banana

There is absolutely no way a keeper with 1 year left on his contract is worth the same as a forward with about 4 years left on his, especially when that forward's previous fee was the world record.

What i actually meant was that the individuals area a fair swap for each other on field, not talking about contracts and the ridiculous money Madrid have already spent on Bale

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What i actually meant was that the individuals area a fair swap for each other on field, not talking about contracts and the ridiculous money Madrid have already spent on Bale

Right, with you now. Personally I'd rather have de Gea than Bale. I still think having a superb keeper is undervalued.

Right, with you now. Personally I'd rather have de Gea than Bale. I still think having a superb keeper is undervalued.

It always makes sense inside my head then when i post it i say something retarded :(

i would rather De Gea as well but Bale has proven what he can do in the Premiership and i think its the league he is best suited

Newcastle surely set to make history by appointing a second successive manager sacked by a lower league side. Underwhelming but he probably lead boro to the most successful era in their crummy history and look what's happened to them since so could be worse.

Newcastle surely set to make history by appointing a second successive manager sacked by a lower league side. Underwhelming but he probably lead boro to the most successful era in their crummy history and look what's happened to them since so could be worse.

There's no probably about it, he did lead Boro to their only trophy and European final of their history. However, he had huge amounts of money to do so, so it's not quite as huge an achievement as it might look.

Someone on here sad the Derby capitulation was to do with the difference in wages and it totally screwed the team behind the scenes. Which is odd because if they just stuck together and got promotion, they would have all had a huge wage increase.

There's no probably about it, he did lead Boro to their only trophy and European final of their history. However, he had huge amounts of money to do so, so it's not quite as huge an achievement as it might look.

Yeah, they flung a decent amount of cash about when Schteve was in charge, and had a decent enough youth setup too. Main signing that I remember was Massimo Maccarone (£7million or so, may well have been more which was a fairly high amount for a club like Boro at the time as the TV money wasn't ludicrously high a decade or so ago relative to other leagues) who was largely terrible in his time there, although iirc he did score a decent haul of goals in their run to the Uefa Cup final. Plus they had the likes of George Boateng, who was a decent player and won a few caps for Holland.

Yeah, they flung a decent amount of cash about when Schteve was in charge, and had a decent enough youth setup too. Main signing that I remember was Massimo Maccarone (£7million or so, may well have been more which was a fairly high amount for a club like Boro at the time as the TV money wasn't ludicrously high a decade or so ago relative to other leagues) who was largely terrible in his time there, although iirc he did score a decent haul of goals in their run to the Uefa Cup final. Plus they had the likes of George Boateng, who was a decent player and won a few caps for Holland.

Maccarone didn't even get a game. Viduka, Hasslebaink and Yakubu were all ahead of him in the pecking order and he only scored the important goals in the UEFA Cup when we chucked on 4 strikers for the last 15 mins when we looked like going out. I've been told that when Boro had Alan Boksic he was the highest paid player in the Premier League, which is absolutely crazy for a club of Boro's size.

Maccarone didn't even get a game. Viduka, Hasslebaink and Yakubu were all ahead of him in the pecking order and he only scored the important goals in the UEFA Cup when we chucked on 4 strikers for the last 15 mins when we looked like going out. I've been told that when Boro had Alan Boksic he was the highest paid player in the Premier League, which is absolutely crazy for a club of Boro's size.

I loved watching that UEFA Cup run, some proper games in there. High scoring games and great comebacks.

post-1545-14339712291199_thumb.jpg

:wub:

After Bafé Gomis last season what a couple of great free transfer signings.

Probably €40-50 million worth of talent for hee haw 8)

Archived