The Accies 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought Galbraith looked not bad at Hibs, just unlucky with injuries. Did he not score quite a good winner at Celtic Park during the Mowbray days?

I also remember one Football Manager game where he was phenomenal so that's good enough for me :P

we dont need a new keeper mcgloves and curry will do

another forward and cb needed

we need a striker as Scotland and Currier wont last a season. don't need what would be a 4th choice cb. would not be good enough quality. use u20 cb Zubaidi as emergency cover. save some money for January transfers in case of unforeseen problems.

I'm surprised Danny Galbraith hasn't done more in his career up till now. He's got all the attributes. Won't have said there was much between him and Peter Pawlett a couple of years ago and yet Pawlett has developed into an excellent player. Perhaps Galbraith can do the same.

What's happened to the money you made from McCarthy sell on? Has that just been banked?

Paid off the debt to Ronnie McDonald and also for the installation of the plastic pitch which must have used about £650K. Most of the rest has been invested in the academy set up but I would guess some of it has been used to pay for Scotland, McGovern and Redmond who won't be on buttons.

Really confused with this Darren Hill signing, surely we could do better than that?? Really disappointed.

Is it possible he'll come in as a player/coach. We have Steve Banks filling that role and it saves a wage, surprised more clubs don't seem to go down that route

Good to see some of the money being reinvested into the academy!

Indeed! The youth academy wont be cheap to run and I'd imagine our gate receipts wont be suffice to cover running costs, but it is serving us well and investing in it seems like the sensible thing to do to help secure our clubs future.

Really confused with this Darren Hill signing, surely we could do better than that?? Really disappointed.

He's an experienced player who'll be content at coming in as back-up for McGovern and as Random Guy said will probably help with coaching as well.

Is it possible he'll come in as a player/coach. We have Steve Banks filling that role and it saves a wage, surprised more clubs don't seem to go down that route

No mention of him being a player/coach. Just a back up goalkeeper.

He's an experienced player who'll be content at coming in as back-up for McGovern and as Random Guy said will probably help with coaching as well.

Experienced or not we could do better than that. No mention of coaching, only back up goalkeeper.

Plus we already have a goalkeeping coach.

Heard a runour Wigan are paying in installments over four years , so no big one-off windfall

Given we took a cut in the sell on fee to allow the transfer to go through I would be very surprised if we also agreed to instalments.

Archived