Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are just off the relief Road beside Tescos at the Bowling Club. Just get back onto the relief road at the Roundabout and then you will see the Train Station & A Co-operative (ex Somerfield). Then follow the relief Road along until you come to a second Roundabout and take first exit and the second Roundabout turn right (2nd Exit) head straight up the road past Lidls and turn left at the lights, then first right down Broomfield Road where the ground is right at the bottom. The buses will be guided into the Car Park. Here is a link and remember to replace Somerfield with Co-op Store! (needs updated but follow directions from South when you leave Bowling Club)

http://www.eteamz.com/montroseroselea/locations/

Just looked at your results and fixtures. Given your location have you never thought about playing in the North Region Juniors as you have a lot of long journeys to away games ?

Just looked at your results and fixtures. Given your location have you never thought about playing in the North Region Juniors as you have a lot of long journeys to away games ?

We did consider it in 2010 when the North Region were speaking about reorganising into what they have today however that never happened and we dropped our interest but no guarantee of getting in anyway! We would have had to go in at the 3rd tier which would have meant 6 hour round trips to Burghead, Lossimouth etc for a season and then 1st Division. The setup now would suit us better with two feeders to their Premier League possibly meaning one season at a lower level than we are now. Some thought that the competition at the Superleague level would not be enough for us but in my opinion the Top of the North Superleague would be our optimum level and think we could challenge at that level.

For me the East Region is far to big Geography wise with us in the North and Dunbar in the south. The six old Regions would have been better off split 3 ways but even that is not easy. There have been rumours of a north of Perth split to fit in with the Pyramid system so we are sitting tight and seeing what happens.

Its a tough one as we love the competition in the East Premier however as you say the travel is a killer. We fund well and live well within our means so we can afford years like last season when we had 9 Edinburgh buses!

I'd like to congratulate Montrose on a superb display today. I think we have stacks more ability in our ranks but the home side played like it was the Junior cup and it mattered. The less said about our boys the better. Second to far too many balls, nervous and frankly a wee bit whiney when the going got tough. All we can say is we're still in the cup - we won't be for much longer unless these lads start to show the same desire as their opponents. Quality will count but only if matched by effort and I can count on one hand the number who can be happy that they gave it everything.

Having taken so many plaudits for the effort they put into the Scottish Cup run, they must know that today just isn't good enough. Started really poorly again.

I'd like to congratulate Montrose on a superb display today. I think we have stacks more ability in our ranks but the home side played like it was the Junior cup and it mattered. The less said about our boys the better. Second to far too many balls, nervous and frankly a wee bit whiney when the going got tough. All we can say is we're still in the cup - we won't be for much longer unless these lads start to show the same desire as their opponents. Quality will count but only if matched by effort and I can count on one hand the number who can be happy that they gave it everything.

Having taken so many plaudits for the effort they put into the Scottish Cup run, they must know that today just isn't good enough. Started really poorly again.

Good post HTG at least someone writing a truthful post about how you saw the game. I try to do the same when watching Boness as I can only say what I see no point in saying you were brilliant if you were shit.

Performance was shocking - plaudits earned against Raith out the windae.

Results are earned not a gimme.

Not a pass mark today

But I Believe in my team next week will prove?

I thought Calum and Spade did ok. That's about it.

I have the luxury of travelling down to this tie and as a neutral i am just looking for a good game, a few pies, lots of bevy and a good win for Kelty and Irvine Meadow would make my day

Luncarty

Well you had a bad day then come on the BU and talbot

The Montrose central defenders wre as good as anything I've seen in the juniors for some time.

Never missed a header all day.

To be fair we played to their strengths by shelling balls at Coco from distance.

The Montrose central defenders wre as good as anything I've seen in the juniors for some time.

Never missed a header all day.

I would totally agree with that comment they were superb and some of the blocks at the end were brilliant however as usual It may the only chance for Roselea. Toyally brillianant days for the Club and thanks to all those who travelled to the game. We will look forward to the replay and one thing is for sure it will not be easy!

Compliments indedee! Yes you are under massive pressure but we are underdogs and you normally only get one chance against the top dogs? Bring it on though and one for sure this Montrose Roselea side like others before them wont stand down. BTW does your club stock plenty of Glayva?

Archived