What have you learned from Pie & Bovril

Romeo

There are a lot of things folk say/do on here I wouldn't dare try but yesterday while at work, I was standing at the urinal, thinking to myself. Decided to go for it and try the baws oot thing. Well what a mistake that is when wearing zipped trousers. Dangerous stuff P&B, dangerous stuff.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been on most of the Rangers forums, but this place accounts for everyone, it was a good move. I've learnt plenty on the politics forum, even for an old un, it's good to listen to opposing views!

The incredible degree to which Weegies collectively come up with stupid alternative names for anything and then expect the rest of the world to adopt them.

I had heard of a few of them, but 'roll on sausage' really has been the biggest eye opener to the actual level of idiocy.

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The incredible degree to which Weegies collectively come up with stupid alternative names for anything and then expect the rest of the world to adopt them.

I had heard of a few of them, but 'roll on sausage' really has been the biggest eye opener to the actual level of idiocy.

It's "Roll n Sausage" ("n" short for "and", therefore "Roll and Sausage"). 

Chipper :lol: 

It's "Roll n Sausage" ("n" short for "and", therefore "Roll and Sausage"). 

Chipper[emoji38]

Definitely seen it on here as roll ON sausage, with folk asking why it's called that when there's roll underneath the sausage too. Evidently can't even agree amongst themselves.

... or even better, just a misheard phrase presumed by some to be 'on' and used throughout life.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Definitely seen it on here as roll ON sausage, with folk asking why it's called that when there's roll underneath the sausage too. Evidently can't even agree amongst themselves.

... or even better, just a misheard phrase presumed by some to be 'on' and used throughout life.

Aye, it's surely folk hearing "Roll an' Sausage" and assuming it's "on" without any thought. Like "have" becoming "of" or, lately, the bizarre "ov". Judging by the Facebook posts that people highlight on here, that one's becoming worryingly common.

I've heard the "on" sausage too. Like cheese on toast.

It was probably muttered by some Junior fan with three teeth who eats beans with his hands.

Generally everyone knows how to behave themselves and recognises social conformity apart from the usual 3-4% that think they're just hilarious but should actually live in a box, underground.

Archived