Five Guys burgers opening in Glasgow

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already mentioned them but the chilli cheese fries from the meat bar are my favourite, decent size chunks of chilli beef and no sauce so the fries don't get soggy.

Yes they are amazing. The deep fried pickles and brisket burger when you pour gravy over yourself are up there with the best food I've ever tasted. Meat bar is the best in town burger joint by far. Helps my best mate is the manager there. Well worth a try if you haven't been.

I'll give you that, they're very good - as is bread meats bread (it's fantastic actually) but I'd still take a large Cajun fries from five guys.

I love a chippy, but these Cajun fries are a different ball game.

Chills Chilli Cheese Fries are also very good but you obviously don't get them in Glasgow.

A large? You feeding the family while your at it?

Five guys is really good, quite pricey but still good.

I've never managed to get to bread meets bread, only ever heard of good things.

In the unlikely event anyone here is near Hull go to a Rebels Smokehouse in a place called Beverly, hands down the best burger I've ever had, it was outstanding.

First visit here for dinner. Fantastic burger, really something. Chips weren't great and there were hunners of the fucks. Soda was one of those machines where you can get anything at all, had a cherry fanta (still) which is basically Dr Pepper.

Where should I go for a burger when I'm in Glasgow? I'm so confused

Don't go out your way, on the assumption you're not coming to Glasgow purely for a burger, just go to one near your destination. If you're near Sauchiehall / Bath St then I'd say Jacker de Viande or Meat Bar, if you're nearer Central then I like Bread Meats Bread but you can't (or couldn't) book there and it gets pretty busy so you might have to queue.

Don't go out your way, on the assumption you're not coming to Glasgow purely for a burger, just go to one near your destination. If you're near Sauchiehall / Bath St then I'd say Jacker de Viande or Meat Bar, if you're nearer Central then I like Bread Meats Bread but you can't (or couldn't) book there and it gets pretty busy so you might have to queue.

I'm staying at the premier inn at Pacific quay for a few nights for kevin bridges. I don't know glasgow so I don't know what's near the hotel or if the hotel is near the city centre. Im not looking to spend loads maybe 30-40 for the 2 of us.

I'm staying at the premier inn at Pacific quay for a few nights for kevin bridges. I don't know glasgow so I don't know what's near the hotel or if the hotel is near the city centre. Im not looking to spend loads maybe 30-40 for the 2 of us.

Lebowskis on Argyle Street does decent burgers and is a good pre/post gig pub. Roughly ten minutes walk from your hotel.

Bread Meats Bread easily pisses all over any other burger place I've tried. Still think 5 guys is decent but way too overpriced.

In Edinburgh the best one I've found is Burger Meats Bun. Special mention to their Macnuggets as side order, delicious.

• 4 weeks later...

As my lady managed to bag some free vouchers for Five Guys it only seemed reasonable to give it a whirl.

Can't sit here and say it wasn't nice, it was actually very good. Fifteen quid good though? Na and nowhere near as decent as Bread Meats Bread.

Archived