Five Guys burgers opening in Glasgow

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the new Dundee branch for the first time today. I had a bacon cheese dog and cajun chips. It was alright, better than McDs or BK but not as good as you'd get in someplace like the Phoenix.

I didn't particularly enjoy the customer experience though. It was pretty busy and I had to stand around waiting for my food, with no idea if there would be a seat available when I got it. When I'm paying more than a tenner I would really expect better.

I was in the new Dundee branch for the first time today. I had a bacon cheese dog and cajun chips. It was alright, better than McDs or BK but not as good as you'd get in someplace like the Phoenix.

I didn't particularly enjoy the customer experience though. It was pretty busy and I had to stand around waiting for my food, with no idea if there would be a seat available when I got it. When I'm paying more than a tenner I would really expect better.

That was my impression, it was like a better quality McDonalds. I was disappointed by how thin the burgers were and paying that much for a glamourised McDonalds didn't really seem worth it.

I would rather go to a decent burger place and spend roughly the same amount than there.

I really like Five Guys and walked through the Overgate on Saturday to go in and try out the new Dunde branch but it was mobbed. The wife and I then went to the Pheonix. Two pints, two pints of chips, a Chilli Burger and a Chicken Royal Burger went down a treat.

Had my second five guys meal on Friday after I entered a competition to go to the super bowl, won the consolation prize of a free meal instead.

Worth nowhere near the £14.50 it would have been had it not been a freebie, don’t think it’s much better quality than a Burger King for twice the price.

Drinks machine is still pretty cool though.

Had my second five guys meal on Friday after I entered a competition to go to the super bowl, won the consolation prize of a free meal instead.

Worth nowhere near the £14.50 it would have been had it not been a freebie, dont think its much better quality than a Burger King for twice the price.

Drinks machine is still pretty cool though.

Drinks machine was a selling point for me but BK at hillington has one now. I would imagine all BKs having them eventually.

Best burger I ever had was from Reds True Barbecue in Leeds. A brioche bun containing a burger, pulled pork, brisket, bacon, dill pickles and Swiss cheese. It was a masterpiece.

Absolutely fantastic burgers from there. The one in the city centre is across the road from the Five Guys in Leeds too. Would definitely recommend Reds over Five Guys.

The background music is far too loud in five guys.

This.

I was there with the wife at the weekend and the music was so loud it was distorting badly. Folk having to scream their orders at the foreign lassie by the till whilst a pair of utter fannies were shouting "hoo-ya" and high fiving every time they flipped a burger.

Tried lebowskis last night. Thoroughly dece, one might even say qual.

Not had a lebowskis one in a while, but it was good last time. I really liked the Nice N Sleazy ones too, but they are guilty of falling into the category of burgers that you can't pick up to eat.

See photos online for evidence:

nice-n-sleazy.jpg

nice-n-sleazy-burger-review.jpg

This.

I was there with the wife at the weekend and the music was so loud it was distorting badly. Folk having to scream their orders at the foreign lassie by the till whilst a pair of utter fannies were shouting "hoo-ya" and high fiving every time they flipped a burger.

It put me off going in.

This.

Yeah there was a bit of that going on at the Leeds branch. They all looked too happy and were dancing. Not natural. I got the impression they felt like they were obliged to act like that.

The drinks machine was the only positive, but even then I found myself thinking that I would have preferred a beer.

To clarify my thoughts from earlier, my bacon cheeseburger from five guys was not just the worst food I've ever had from one of these American fast food joints, it was the worst burger I've ever eaten full stop. And I include mcdonalds pound saver hamburgers, month old rustlers burgers and countless horsemeat patties chéz cafe tescovalue in that.

Don't even get me started on the fries. It was as if someone had taken those disgusting chipstick crisps and rolled a freshly peeled potato skin on one side of it.

I'm tempted to write to my credit card provider and tell them five American lads have defrauded me of 14 pounds.

Archived