Five Guys burgers opening in Glasgow

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Fucking Sturgeon Christ! My wallet's just been raped. £14.50 for a burger, chips and coke?

I walked in, seen the prices and walked back out. Didnt look like there was much variety either to warrant such a price.

Yer paying that in a decent restaurant for a burger topped with aw sorts.

Went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen on the weekend there right next to Five Guys. It was woeful stuff. £16 for a very average burger some chips and a soft drink. Chuck in some average service from some staff who clearly don't give a shit and you have a yourself a rip off lunch.

A friend had the veggie option and it came out as literally a bit of sliced pineapple on a brioche bun. At £7 she was unhappy with this so sent it back which seemed like a quite a problem to the staff. Anyway it came back with a bit of undercooked aubergine on the pineapple. Yummy. When that was sent back on 3rd attempt the burger had about 3 more toppings on it that were forgotten about. Total shambles. Do not reccomend!

I took a deep breath, put in my card and tried to forget about the price.

The food was excellent and the cajun fries were phenomenal. Note to self, get the small next time.

Totally agree with all you have said. Was in Nottingham a few weeks ago and went to Five Guys for the first time. Quality of food was superb it was just a bit pricey. Over 40 quid for three burgers and chips with drinks!! Would also agree and get the small next time as I believe that would certainly fill you up!

Bee Bee burger is burger (obviously), bacon, onion rings, BBQ sauce and cheese. I think it's something like £9 for that including fries unlike Five Guys.

It seems to be more of a bar / pub with some food options. Often go there before the cinema if I'm in Glasgow. Cheaper than Five Guys and as good if not better IMVHO.

I had a Five Guys a few weeks back, I really enjoyed it. The chips were especially nice. It's massively expensive though, like all these trendy Yank imports.

Also, if Glasgow has a Burger District then someone needs to burn it down. Quickly.

Bread Meats Bread's Bacon Fries win everyday of the week.

I'll give you that, they're very good - as is bread meats bread (it's fantastic actually) but I'd still take a large Cajun fries from five guys.

I love a chippy, but these Cajun fries are a different ball game.

Chills Chilli Cheese Fries are also very good but you obviously don't get them in Glasgow.

Archived